Chapter 72: Always (Heidi POV)

Heidi's POV

"This is over, when I say it's over." He said menacingly as he towered over me and I smelt the alcohol on his breath.

He leaned in and tried to kiss me, but I moved my face and squirmed against him, trying to get my hands loose from his grip.

"Let. Go. Of. Me!" I shouted, in disbelief that this was actually happening.

I couldn't move either of my hands, and he had his legs pinned against mine so that I couldn't kick at him either... so I did the only thing I could think of, I closed the inch or so between us and sunk my teeth into his shoulder.

"OWWW!" He yelled out in pain as he momentarily let go of my hands.

I tried to run, but I hardly even moved a muscle before his hand slammed against my throat and pinned me to the wall again.

"You stupid bitch," he said with more anger in his voice than I'd ever heard. He slid his hand up the wall so that my feet were barely touching the ground. I gripped at his arm with both of my hands, struggling to breath as his grip tightened around my airway.

I couldn't tell if I was hallucinating from lack of oxygen or maybe I'd already passed out or something... but I thought, I saw....

Vince.

He grabbed a hold of the back of Chase's shirt with one hand and his neck with the other and threw him away from me.

"Heidi, baby? What? What happened, are you okay?" He asked, cupping my face in his hands and examining my cheek.

I couldn't believe he was actually here. I gripped his wrists with my hands to be sure that this was real, he was really standing in front of me.

"He... he hit me." I said, my voice quiet and shaky as I started to cry harder.

I saw the muscle in his jaw clench and a dark look in his eye... he dropped his hands from my face, swiveled around and picked Chase up off the ground by his shirt collar.

"I will kill you," He said with his face inches away from Chase's.

"At this point, you can have that slut. I don't want her-" he started... but Vince reared his fist back and drove it right into his face. Stopping him mid-sentence and sending him crashing to the ground.

I stood in shock for a few seconds, a mix of emotions overwhelming me. Vince was here. I was safe... but holy fuck, what the hell just happened. I was happy and terrified and...

It was too much to handle. I sunk to the floor, wrapping my hands around my knees and burying my face as I started to cry. I couldn't even look up when I heard other people enter the room or when they started yelling back and forth with each other.

Suddenly, I felt a hand stroke the top of my head and I looked up timidly. It was Vince, looking totally unscathed except for the blood covering his knuckles.

He picked up my face gently, putting just his index finger under my chin to lift it up. He turned to the side and it wasn't until then that I realized Tommy and Nikki were in the room with us.

"He hit her." Vince spat out to them.

"Oh hell no," Nikki said as he turned back toward Chase and started to kick him.

Chase groaned and tried to roll himself over to lay on his stomach, but Tommy knelt down and grabbed him by his shirt, raising him up so that they were face to face.

"Who the fuck do you think you are? In MY HOUSE?" He said, again in his scary voice.

"Get her out of her," Nikki said turning to look at both of us.