Chapter 83: LA Show

Heidi's POV

My eyes fluttered open as I heard a knock coming from my front door. I squinted and covered my face with my hands, my head pounding in response to the noise. I groaned and threw the covers over me, slowly sitting up and then getting out of bed.

I wondered who was at my door as I walked into the kitchen. It was probably Bobbi coming to gossip about her night with Jani. I glanced at the time above the stove... Jesus Christ, it was two o'clock?? Wait... How the hell did I get home last night??

I wracked my brain trying to remember what had happened... I remembered seeing Jani and then everything started to get blurry after I took those tequila shots...

I gripped the door handle and just before I unlocked it, a memory flooded back into my brain. I remembered the feeling of two hands on my shoulders and then I could see myself in the bar looking up and hazily making eye contact with-

Vince.

"Oh hey." I said awkwardly, as I'd opened the door and found him standing on the other side. I pulled at the bottom of the shirt I had on, trying to cover my legs since I didn't have anything else on.

He chuckled and then walked past me, into my apartment and I shut the door behind him.

"What are you-" I started to say before he reached his hand into his pocket and pulled out... my house key?

I must've lost it last night... maybe I dropped it in the bar?? No... because then how would I have gotten in??

My jaw dropped open in confusion as I strained to figure out what the hell had happened, Vince must've noticed the look on my face because he finally said something.

"You don't remember anything, do you?" He said back in amusement as he walked over to the kitchen, sliding a barstool around and sitting down to face me.

I didn't move from my spot by the door, staring at him with wide eyes as I tried to put the pieces together.

"Oh god... We didn't... Um, did we??" I asked, anxiously waiting for his reply.

"No, no! We didn't! I just helped you get home." He said, throwing his hands up in the air to show his innocence.

I let out a huge sigh of relief and then walked over to the kitchen, making myself a glass of water and then grabbing a box of cereal from the cabinet. I walked over to him and lifted myself up so I could sit on the countertop, making sure to keep the tee shirt covering as much of my legs as possible.

"Okay, well in that case, fill me in. How bad was it?" I asked, munching on the cereal like it was popcorn and Vince was about to tell me the plot of whatever terrible movie I'd stared in last night.

"I really wish you'd put those in a bowl and put some milk on 'em, that's so fucking weird." He said, looking at my hand as I shoved it into the cereal box.

"Shut up!" I said rolling my eyes and chunking a frosted flake at him. It smacked him in the face and he caught it as it fell down his chest, popping it into his mouth before he started talking again.

"What's the last thing you remember?" He asked, as he turned around and sat in the barstool so that he was facing me, with the back of the chair pressed against his chest.

"Um.... bumping into you outside the bathroom?" I said, my voice getting higher as I was slightly embarrassed to admit it.

"Good God, Heidi. I thought you'd at least remember the walk home!" He said laughing and smiling at me mischievously. I could tell he was enjoying this and it made me dread whatever he was about to say even more.