Chapter 33: Flag Girls

The next night

We'd been hanging around the venue all day, cutting up and getting in to trouble, per usual. Someone let Tommy, Vince and Nikki get ahold of some dirt bikes, which was definitely a horrible idea because they'd spent the day on them raising absolute hell.

Heather and I'd been lounged around the tour bus, gossiping about the people we knew back home and about some of the new people we'd met here so far, when all of a sudden Tommy and Vince came bursting through the door.

"Babe!" "Babe! "You gotta come-" "Don't you wanna-" "Shut up Tommy!" "You shut up, it was my idea!"

They both were shouting at us and at each other as they bounced into the bus one after another.

"Woah woah woah, one at a time boys." Heather said mockingly, looking over at me with a grin.

"We want to race some of the other bands and we need some official flag girls. We figured we'd ask the two hottest ones here if they'd be interested." Vince said quickly, speaking up before Tommy could and giving me a wink when he was done.

I giggled at the two of them before saying "why the hell not?" with a laugh, looking over at Heather and giving her a shrug. She rolled her eyes, but shot Tommy a smile.

"Lucky for you I've got the perfect outfit," I said mischievously, causing Vince to raise an eyebrow in intrigue.

"Oh really? Let me get a sneak peak then," Vince said, following me into the back and closing the curtains behind us.

I unzipped one of the huge suitcases I had with me and pulled out a pair of cut off denim shorts and a plaid button up shirt. I stood back up and dropped the skirt and crop top I had been wearing to the floor.

Vince's hands immediately found their way to my exposed skin and tried to pull me over to the edge of the bed where he was sitting.

"Uh-uh, you can look, but you can't touch Mr. Neil, you have a race to win." I said shaking my finger in his face and taking a step back so that I was just out of his reach.

"Ughhhh," he groaned, falling back against the bed and staring at the bunk above it.

I slid on the shorts and then tied the plaid shirt up over my boobs and into a crop. I turned to look at myself in the mirror and heard a "holy shit" come from the bed that Vince was sitting on. He sat upright on the edge of the bed with his mouth hanging open, causing me to giggle as I walked over to him.

I stood in front of him and put my arms around his neck. He gripped my hips and stared down at my shorts.

"And that is why we needed you as a flag girl. You've got the best legs in all of... well, which ever fucking state we're in right now." Vince said, practically drooling.

"Louisiana," I said with a laugh before I tilted his chin up and kissed him. He slid his hands from around my waist down to my butt and squeezed it through my shorts. I could feel myself blushing when all of a sudden we heard another person burst through the front door of the bus.

"Come on, I've got everyone riled up and ready to race. Let's g- gross!" We heard Nikki yell.

I hopped off Vince and we drew back the curtains to find a disgusted looking Nikki standing over Tommy and Heather making out on the couch.

"We're coming, geez!" Tommy shouted back, hopping off of Heather who was frantically trying to fix her hair and adjust her skirt.

"Yeah, I see you're trying to." Nikki said sarcastically as he turned around and headed back out of the door.

We followed him out and I was surprised to see a group of people all lined up on dirt bikes in the parking lot outside of the bus. I don't know whose idea it was to give a bunch of rock stars dirt bikes, but I guess they had to entertain them somehow.

I recognized a few of the faces. David was there and Stephen from Ratt. There were a few with helmets already on, so I quite tell who they were.

Vince, Tommy and Nikki hopped on their dirt bikes and got in line, motioning for Heather and us to stand in the middle. We reluctantly walked over, standing in between them and holding white tee shirts in our hands, since nobody had actual checkered flags.

"Alright boys.... 3.... 2... 1!!" I yelled as Heather and I flung the white tee shirts through the air.

Instantly, the ten or eleven dirt bikes began to roar and flew past us. Heather grabbed at her mini skirt dramatically, as the wind rushing by had caused it to fly up.

I whipped my head around to see them all racing to the finish line someone had spray painted across the pavement. Tommy had fallen behind, along with Stephen and Jani Lane. But Nikki, Vince and some other guy with a helmet on were all three neck and neck as they approached the end of the parking lot.

Nikki had inched behind the other two, who were still side by side. They had about ten yards to go when the other guy, leaned right and knocked into Vince, causing him to jerk left and right a few times before straightening back up. The other guy zoomed ahead of him and crossed the finish line at the end of the parking lot. They both spun around and started to head back to where we were all standing watching them.

My heart sank for a second as I thought back to the wreck he'd been in back when we first started dating. I knew he probably wouldn't get that hurt if he fell off a dirt bike, but he still probably should have a helmet on...

As soon as they'd stopped their bikes, a couple feet in front of us, Vince hopped off and walked straight over to the other guy. I could tell from his brisk pace and clenched fists that he was pissed. Shit I thought, glancing over at Tommy and Nikki who knew they'd probably be breaking up a fight in a few seconds.

My heart sank again when the other guy finally took his helmet off as Vince was walking towards him, to reveal long red hair... it was Axl.