Chapter 16: Angel

Vince's POV

I looked over Stephen's shoulder and saw Heidi. I gave her a slight smile, still feeling awkward about what happened earlier. I was relieved to see her walking towards me, rather than away from me but my heart sank when I saw the look on her face.

Stephen was in the middle of his sentence about Ratt's new music and I pushed right past him to get to Heidi, accidentally smacking into his shoulder as I did.

The space between us closed and she immediately wrapped me into a hug. Thank God, she looked so distraught, I thought maybe she wanted to end things after I'd made such an ass of myself earlier. I figured I needed to explain myself, I guess apologize for running away... or for even saying it? I don't know.

I pulled away and looked into her eyes, but she still looked like she was fuming. Shit. I pushed a piece of her blonde hair behind her ear before speaking.

"Heidi, is everything okay? What's wrong?" I said worriedly and then my heart sank even deeper when I saw a tear roll down her cheek. Did I really fuck up that bad? Damn it dude... maybe if I turn on some charm I can change her mind, I can save this.

I bent down so that we were both eye level with each other, putting my hand behind her ear and brushing my thumb across her cheek. I leaned in close to her face and asked, "baby, that's the matter?"

She opened her mouth and and frantically began speaking, stuttering her way through each sentence angrily. As soon as I realized what she was saying I instantly saw red. I could feel my face getting hot with rage and I stood back up away from her.

I hadn't even noticed, but I was so mad that my fists were balled up and my jaw clenched tightly. Heidi kept talking, but I didn't hear. I walked straight passed her and headed for the stairs. Before I could get anywhere, she grabbed my arm and pulled me back toward her.

"Vince!" She yelled after me, but I shook my arm out of her grip.

Nobody fucking touches her. Especially not while I'm upstairs and especially not Axl fucking Rose, that newbie ass wanna be rockstar.

"I'm gonna fucking kill him," I thought... or maybe I said it out loud. I'm not sure, I was so pissed I could only focus on one thing and that was getting to Axl.

I spun back around and could feel Heidi on my heels behind me. Once I'd bounded down the downstairs, I saw him standing in the corner talking to Izzy. I walked over to him, grabbed him by the collar of his tee shirt and pushed him up against the wall. He struggled to push me off him, but I slammed him to the wall even harder.

"How dare you fucking touch her!" I yelled, tightening my grip on his shirt.

"Oh fuck off, Vince. Every girl you fuck isn't your property," he said rolling his eyes.

The reason I hadn't already killed him was because I was trying to exert all of the self control I had since I knew Heidi was watching... but when he said that I snapped. I let him go, drew my fist back and cold cocked him right in the nose. He swung at me and hit the bottom of my jaw, but I couldn't even feel anything I was still so angry. We were both swinging, pushing and grabbing until Axl fell and I landed on top of him, landing another solid punch right across his eye.

A few people who'd gathered around to watch the fight started pulling me off him. I shook them off, telling them that I was cool and turned back to Axl, who was getting helped off the ground by Izzy.

"She's mine and if you ever touch her again, you're dead," I said looming over him before turning around to find Heidi.

She was standing slightly behind me with her left hand covering her mouth, I grabbed her other hand and starting walking toward the exit of the club.