Chapter 85: Taste

Vince's POV

I got up quietly, trying my best to untangle myself from Heidi without waking her up. I grabbed my pants from the ground and then went into the kitchen to search for my shirt. As I was turning it inside out, I walked back over to her bedroom and stood in the doorframe.

I smiled at how peaceful she looked, the covers pulled up just enough to cover her bare chest. I wanted to climb back in bed with her and fall back asleep... or wake her up so we could do what we'd done last night all over again this morning...

But I knew it was probably best if I left. I didn't want her to wake up and feel obligated to figure out what all this meant. I wanted her to realize she was ready on her own, not because I was laying next to her in bed and she felt like she had to.

I was glad that everything had happened the way it had last night... I mean, for obvious reasons, but also because I thought maybe now she'd be able to really focus on if she wanted to pick things back up without all the built up sexual tension between us fogging up her judgement.

I don't think this'll change anything between us really? I hoped it wasn't gonna affect the flirty back and forth "friendship" thing we'd had going on... I mean... we're adults, right? We can have sex and not have to put a label on anything? I hoped Heidi would see it like that anyway so that things wouldn't be awkward between us.

I just really hoped I hadn't gone and screwed anything up... so I figured I'd better get outta here before I pushed my luck too far. I took one last look at her and then walked over to the front door, quietly shutting it behind me while images from last night replayed in my head as I walked down the hallway...

——————————————————————————
Heidi's POV

My eyes fluttered open and the first thing I saw was the alarm clock next to my bed reading 1:00pm.

Jesus, why did he let me sleep this late?? I thought as I rolled over and saw..... that no one was there?

I sat up in bed, pulling the covers around my body and getting up. I walked into the kitchen, my comforter wrapped around me like a dress, and peered over to the couch.... nope, no Vince? Maybe he had a studio session or something, but why wouldn't he have woken me up?

I walked back into my room and plopped down onto the bed, every little detail of what had happened last night replaying in my head. I rolled over and grabbed the phone off my bedside table, starting to dial Vince's number... but then I put it back on the receiver as my mind started to race.

Don't get me wrong, last night was absolutely incredible. It was just like I remembered, even better... but I still wasn't sure if I was all in with Vince or not.

Last night had solidified that I was totally over Chase and that I think I could be ready for a relationship... but now I was asking myself, was I ready for a relationship with Vince?

I just... still wasn't sure if I trusted him. I mean, he had cheated on me, was that really something I could just forgive and forget? Forgive, yes... but forget... I wasn't sure about.

I hoped this wouldn't change anything between Vince and I... and that he didn't expect me to just run back into his arms after that. I still needed time to figure out if I could pick things back up where we left off.

But holy shit, the chemistry between us was insane. I kept replaying the moment he'd kissed me when I'd opened the door over and over again in my head. It was the first time we'd kissed in almost a year... and I swear it was like fucking fireworks going off in my little apartment.