Chapter 38: Heart vs Brain

"-Move in with me." He asked, his eyes meeting mine hopefully.

I felt my jaw drop as I stared back at him in shock.

"Vin, I don't want to do that just because of this craz-" I started before he interrupted me.

"No, it's not just because of this... I want you there." He said without breaking his gaze away from mine.

"Vince, I- I don't know..." I said slowly.

"Stop being so goddamn stubborn, Heidi." He growled as he rolled his eyes.

"It's not that simple. You know I love my place. I love sitting on my balcony in the mornings and I love-"

"I'll buy you a new one! I'll buy us an apartment with a balcony that wraps around the whole fucking building! Just say yes!" He shouted.

I watched the taxi drivers eyes shoot towards us in the rear view mirror when Vince raised his voice. Vince noticed too and shifted in his seat a little, sliding down so that his head was closer to mine and whispering into my ear.

"I just want you to be there when I come home." He said softly.

"Vince..." I said again, with a hint of fear in my voice.

"And I need to know that you're safe." He said, even quieter than before.

I looked over at him and his eyes met mine. I stared into them for as long as I could possibly take it before I closed the inches that were between us and pulled him in for a kiss. It felt like electricity shooting through my body to finally have Vince's lips against mine after all of the shit that had gone down today. He leaned over me, sliding his hand up my thigh slowly and pushing me back against the car door.

My brain was saying no... to run away and ignore all of my problems... but my heart was screaming yes... to stop being so fucking independent and just let him in.

"Uhmm," the taxi driver loudly clear his throat and we awkwardly broke apart and sat up in the back seat. I looked out of the window and realized we were parked right beside the tour bus.

"Thanks, man" Vince said, handing the driver some cash and opening the car door to get out. He shut the door behind me and began walking toward the bus.

I was surprised by his silence... I couldn't tell if he was upset or pissed. He just opened the door of the bus, walked in and headed towards our bunk bed without saying a word. I followed closely behind him, shimming off my skirt and sliding under the covers as I watched him throw his shirt off over his head and peel off his leather pants. 

He climbed into bed beside me and I let out a sigh of relief as he laid on his side, so we were face to face, and wrapped his arms around me.

We laid in silence for a few seconds before I hovered my lips over his ear and whispered, "yes."

He popped his head up from the pillow slightly and looked down at me.

"Yes?" He whispered back, a smirk forming across his face.

I nodded with a smile as I laid my head onto his chest and he pulled me into him closer. I felt so safe in his arms and it'd been such a long day that I was already falling asleep within seconds of closing my eyes. Just as I was about to drift off to sleep, I felt Vince squeeze me just a little tighter.

"I'm not gonna let anyone hurt you," he whispered and kissed the top of my head.

———————————————————————————
A/N:

Short chapter, but I've got semi formal tmr then I have to start studying for finals so idk when I'll be able to update again! I wanted to wrap up this little part real quick, stay tuned there's a lot more juicy ~twists and turns~ to come! Thanks for reading, I hope u enjoy. Pls like and comment!! It rlly makes my day :)