Chapter 80: Last Night

Vince pulled me on top of him and grabbed my head, bringing it down to his and kissing me wildly. I could feel his fingers digging into my hips as I slid them across his lap.

I broke apart from him, pulled my shirt off, threw it onto the floor and then immediately crashed back down onto his lips. He was already shirtless, so I could feel the warmth of his skin on mine as he wrapped his arms around my back and pulled me closer into him.

All of a sudden, he lifted me up and spun us around so that he was on top of me. His fingers intertwined in my hair, grabbing a handful and pulling my head back. His lips traveled from the side of my jaw, around my ear and then down my neck. He let go of my hair and let his hands fall down my side, still kissing my body and stopping at my belly button. He looked up at me and we locked eyes sinfully as he started to tug at shorts I had on.

Once he had them off, he disappeared under the covers and I felt my back arch in-

My eyes shot open and I felt myself jump a little. I looked around, realizing where I was. I'd fallen asleep on Vince's chest... I looked up and saw that he was asleep too. All of the lights were on and we were both on top of the covers, still in our clothes that we'd worn to the bar. 

I slowly got out of bed, trying not to wake Vince up... and trying to ignore the dream I'd just had...

I went over to my suitcase and found my pajamas, sliding off the long sleeve shirt, skirt and tights I'd worn earlier and trading them for a tiny little silk slip.

Just as I'd put it over my head and pulled it down, I heard Vince start to speak.

"Shit... I'm sorry, I fell asleep." He said in a scruffy voice. Convenient timing, I thought. Wondering if he'd actually just woken up, or if he'd enjoyed the show first.

"I fell asleep too. I just woke up to turn the lights off." I said, walking over and flicking the switch.

My eyes adjusted to the darkness as I walked back over to bed and he started to get up.

"I'll go to the couch-"

"No, stay." I heard myself say.

"We're adults, there's no reason we can't sleep in the same bed together... besides you looked absolutely pitiful hanging off that couch this morning." I said, giggling slightly.

He laughed a little too and then sat up and pulled at his shirt from behind his head, throwing it off into a pile on the floor and then joining me under the covers.

"Goodnight, Heids." He said as he rolled over, facing away from me.

"Goodnight, Vince." I said, turning so that my back was facing him as well and feeling myself getting sleepier and sleepier by the second.

. . .

My eyes slowly fluttered open, woken up by the sunlight. These stupid curtains were not dark enough, I thought to myself as I shifted in bed a little before I realized what was going on.

Vince was pressed up behind me, his breath hitting my neck and his arm draped over my waist. I had my hand on top of his, pulling it into my chest.

He must've been woken up when I moved because without warning he practically shot out of bed, sitting up and putting as much space between us as possible.

"Fuck... Heidi, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to- I mean, I didn't realize. I must've just..." He started stuttered.

"It's fine! It's fine!!" I interrupted him and I could see the relief fall across his face. He slouched back down in bed beside me, careful not to touch me though.