Chapter 61: Broken Mirror

Just as I'd grabbed some cereal from the cupboard and swiveled around to head back into Chase's room,  I dropped the box and let out a loud squeal. I'd turned around and was face to face with a man... with long blonde hair??

———————————————————————————

"Jani???" I said loudly, clutching my heart that was practically beating out of my chest and confused as hell to be standing in Chase's kitchen in front of Jani freaking Lane.

"Hey I know you... you're... uh..." He said as he closed his eyes and wracked his brain trying to figure out where he knew me from.

All of a sudden, Chase raced into the kitchen, tugging at his boxers with a concerned look on his face.

"What's wrong? What's going on?" He said quickly, trying to figure out why I'd just screamed at the top of my lungs at 11 o'clock in the morning.

"What is Jani Lane doing in your kitchen, Chase??" I said back, wondering why no one else was as baffled as I was.

"He's my roommate?" He said back casually.

"W-what?" I asked, still a little shocked... and suddenly remembering that I was standing in front of everyone in just Chase's button up and my underwear... Thank God it was big on me.

"The band I'm working with... it's Warrant." Chase said back, as Jani stood in the same spot still staring me down. He suddenly snapped his fingers and pointed at me.

"Oh I remember! You were with Vince at the... Oh... Oh..." Jani said, going from excited to have put the puzzle pieces together, to embarrassed at having put his foot in his mouth.

"Yeaahhh and on that note... Heids," Chase said, nodding his head towards his room. I got the hint and shot Jani a little smile before following Chase into his room and shutting the door behind us.

"Sorry about that, I didn't even think to-" He started to say before I interrupted him.

"No it's fine, I just... I thought you lived alone, I feel bad..." I said, awkwardly staring down at the floor.

"Bad?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowing.

"I was so loud last night! I didn't think someone would be trying to sleep in the next room!" I whisper-yelled, with a slight giggle.

"Heids, he's put me through wayyy worse. Don't worry about it." He said laughing.

I tried to laugh it off with him... but the main thing on my mind was that Jani was friends with Vince... and if Vince didn't know that I was seeing Chase, he would definitely know now...

———————————————————————————

It'd been a few weeks and I'd been seeing Chase every few days... but things were definitely starting to pick up. I kinda felt stuck though... I really liked Chase and I wanted to see where things would go between us... but I had absolutely no support from anyone else.

Heather wouldn't entertain the idea at ALL. If I even brought his name up, she would turn her nose up at it... constantly reminding me of why we'd broken up in the first place and not hearing me out about him changing at all.