Chapter 62: Magazine

Heidi's POV

"I'm gonna run to the restroom right quick," I said in between laughs.

"I'll join," Heather said, getting up from her chair and following me. As soon as we got into the bathroom, I turned to her and started talking a million miles a minute.

"Look, I know you hate him... but this is going good! Him and Tommy are hitting it o-" I'd started to say, but she cut me off.

"I guess I need to apologize. I don't hate him... he really does seem like a different guy." Heather admitted somewhat reluctantly.

"He is! He's sweet... and he doesn't even drink that much anymore." I noted, thinking about the fact that we were all a few drinks in and he'd still been sipping on the same beer all night.

"Yeah, I can tell from the way he looks at you that he's serious this time." Heather said as she reapplied her lipstick in the mirror, shooting me a smile before continuing to talk.

"But you'll never hear Tommy admit it! Even though they're laughing and joking now, he's always gonna be rooting for Vince." Heather said, turning back to the mirror to puff up her hair.

I rolled my eyes at the mention of his name... but I knew she was right. I didn't really care though, I had Heather back in good graces and that was all I really needed.

. . .

We'd finished dinner and were all walking out of the restaurant together, crowding on the sidewalk to talk.

"We're gonna go grab a drink at Cerro, do y'all wanna come?" I asked Tommy and Heather.

"No, we're gonna be busy for the next..." Tommy said, picking up his wrist to check his watch.

"...Few hours." He finished, glancing over at Heather with a smirk. She smacked him on the chest, shaking her head and giggling.

"It's his only night in town, I think we're gonna head home." She said excitedly.

We were exchanging goodbyes when I saw a camera start to flash on the other side of the road.

"Fucking paps," Tommy said as we watched them cross the street and rush over toward us. I figured they'd swarm Tommy and Heather, but I was surprised to hear them call out my name.

"Tommy! Heidi! What do you guys think of the footage of Vince?!" I heard one yell over the muffle of the others.

I shot a confused look at Tommy, not knowing what the hell was going on.

"Heidi, who's this? Is this why Vince's acting up?!" Another shouted.

"What's your name sir??" A few yelled toward Chase, we looked back at me, unsure of what to do, like a deer in headlights.

"Get the fuck outta here, we don't know what you're talking about and we sure as hell ain't talking to ya." Tommy said in an annoyed tone, grabbing Heather's hand and walking over to the curb to hail a cab.

"It's all over MTV! Seems like he misses you, Ms. Mark!" One yelled, still flashing their cameras at us as we walked.

"Come on, let's just go. I don't really wanna walk all the way to Cerro with these motherfuckers following us the whole time." I said, grabbing Chase's hand and walking toward his car in the parking lot.