Chapter 17: Cover Story

Heidi's POV

I woke up the next morning in Vince's bed, with my head laying on his chest. I had my hand resting on his stomach and he had placed his on top of mine. I noticed the dried blood on his knuckles and the memories from last night came flooding back.

I was pretty drunk, so it was hazy. I remembered Vince telling me he loved me then running away... then everything goes black.

The next thing I remembered was the feeling of Axl's lips on mine. Gross, I shuddered, forcing my eyes shut to try and get the image out of my mind.

Everything goes black again and then I remember Vince being on top of Axl and Slash and Duff pulling him off. I smirked a little thinking of Axl on the ground with Vince pummeling him.

I was pretty sober after that until we started doing shots on the couch and things got a little blurry again. I remember slow dancing and....

My heart fluttered in my chest.

Wait, did that really happen? Vince told me he loved me. And didn't run the other way right after. Holy shit-

"'Morning, babe." A scruffy sounding Vince mumbled, shifting around in the bed and turning on his side to face me. I couldn't help, but smile as he sleepily opened his eyes and ran his fingers through my messy hair.

"Good morning... I'm starving," I said back, making Vince laugh and roll over to lay on his back again.

"She's been up ten seconds and she's already thinking about food," He said sarcastically to the ceiling.

I stood up, still fully naked from the night before, and waltzed over to the bathroom. I could feel Vince's eyes burning through my back... I could also feel his hard on when I'd woken up so I figured I'd have a little fun with him before we got our day started.

"Well I've got a photoshoot at 3, so I think I'll hop in the shower and then we can go grab breakfast?" I said batting my eyelashes at him.

He had one eyebrow cocked up and was biting his lip as he quickly sat up in bed.

"I think we'll shower and then we can go grab breakfast, how does that sound?" He said flirtatiously, pulling the covers off and hopping out of bed.

I giggled and walked into the bathroom to turn the shower on. As I was bent over, turning the hot water handle Vince came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my stomach, pressing his body against mine.

I could feel my whole body warm up from his touch, starting from where his hands were and spreading all the way down to my toes. I spun around to face him, planting a kiss on his lips before pulling away to step into the shower.

"If you didn't look so fucking hot in the mornings we could get to breakfast a lot quicker," he said laughing as he stepped in behind me.

About an hour later we'd finally gotten dressed and made it out of Vince's apartment. We were walking down the strip, per usual, when we passed the magazine stand that stood on the corner.

My jaw practically dropped to the floor.

"Oh my god, Vince..." I said and pointed towards the stand where there was at least three or four different magazines with our faces on the cover.

"What the fuck..." Vince muttered as we made a bee line to the stand.

I grabbed the first one I saw, which was Vince and I intertwined and sloppily making out on the street corner in front of the Cathouse. It read, "KISS AND MAKE UP? VINCE NEIL AND HEIDI MARK ABRUPTLY LEAVE ALBUM RELEASE PARTY. FIND OUT WHY INSIDE!"