Chapter 98: Green Eyes

Vince's POV

I opened my eyes to see Heidi laying on her stomach, the comforter just barely draped over her body. I lightly slid my fingers up and down her back, admiring how her tan skin contrasted against the white sheets. Light was flooding in through the windows and it made the entire room warm and bright.

She sighed sleepily and rolled over, throwing one of her arms over my chest and cuddling her head into my shoulder.

I laughed at how cute she was in the mornings. I thought I loved to sleep until I met her, she was on a-whole-nother level... but I liked it like this. I could enjoy the quiet moments in bed, just the two of us, before I had to go out to the real world and deal with thousands of screaming fans or swarms of paparazzi.

This is what kept me sane, having her. Sharing little peaceful moments like this in the midst of our crazy, nonstop lives... even if she wasn't awake to remember them.

I'd gone from scratching her back to mindlessly running my fingers through her hair... and I hadn't even noticed, but I must've stopped for a few seconds.

"Mhhh... don't stoppp." She groaned slowly, tightening her grip around me and burying her head into my chest.

"Oh so you are awake?" I said playfully, looking down and seeing that her eyes were still shut.

"No..." She said quickly, causing the corners of my mouth to turn up into a smile.

"Come onnn." I said, nudging her a few times to try and get her up.

She rolled off of me and back onto her stomach, grabbing a pillow and hiding her head underneath it.

"Five more minutes." She demanded, muffled from under the pillow.

"No!" I said back, deciding that I wanted her attention now.

I rolled over on top of her and pressed my stomach against her back, careful not to put too much of my weight onto her.

"Ahhhh! You're gonna squish me!" She squealed dramatically from underneath the pillow.

I grabbed it and threw it across the room, but she didn't budge, staying with her arms crossed under her head and her eyes glued shut... but I could see a little smile forming on her face that she was trying to hide.

"Get. Up!" I yelled, grabbing at her sides and holding her down as I started to tickle her.

"Vince!!" She shouted, squirming wildly underneath me to try and get loose while I loomed over top of her.

"I'm up! I'm up!!" She finally yelled in between frantic laughs. I let go of her sides, but stayed laying over her, my head just above her shoulder.

She turned so she could look up at me... for the first time all morning. Her green eyes caught a little beam of sunlight perfectly as she squinted, struggling to keep them open. I could see all the different shades of green, with little flecks of golden mixed in... and I was fucking mesmerized.

Honestly, I'd only had one thing on my mind from the moment she'd woken up, but she was so breathtaking that now I couldn't even focus on that... so I was thankful when she did it for me.

She twisted around from underneath me so she was laying on her back and then pulled me down into her. My lips collided with hers and I could feel the warmth of her skin pressed against mine.

I bit at her bottom lip and then pulled away, kissing down her neck and then...

And then she started to get up?