Chapter 97: Take It Slow

Heidi's POV

I jumped as I heard the door unlock and swing open. He walked in, pushing a cart with a little TV sitting on top of it.

I'd spent the past few days pretending to be nice, trying my hardest to conversate with him and not show how incredibly creeped out he made me. It'd worked out pretty well though, I could tell he'd let his guard down some.

He'd started bringing in this TV and we'd watch different movies together. It was a nice way to make time pass faster, but really I was terrified because he'd sit closer and closer on the bed each time and the thought of him touching me was absolutely repulsive....

But I'd hatched another plan of how the hell to get out of here... and I just needed to get him to let me out on the balcony to do it.

I watched silently as he plugged the TV into the wall and came to sit down. I noticed that this time he'd connected the cable wire which I thought was weird... normally he always popped in a VCR?

I was jerked out of my thoughts when he turned to me, with an eerie smile as he flicked the TV on.

"You're all over the news, Heidi. 'Supermodel abducted by psycho stalker' makes for one hell of a headline." He said laughing manically, sending goosebumps through my body as he did.

"They don't know we're in love... but oh well, it'll die down in a few months and they'll have new headlines to report about." He said, searching my face for confirmation of what he was saying.

I could feel my lip wanting to quiver, but I held it back as best I could and forced a smile across my face.

"Anyways... there's something I wanted to show you. MTV's big 8 o'clock feature." He said lifting his watch up to check the time.

MTV? I wondered... what the hell could he want to show me on-

My jaw dropped and my breath caught in my throat. I had to blink rapidly to keep away the tears that were already forming in my eyes.

I felt like I'd just had the wind knocked out of me... as I saw Vince... for the first time in what felt like forever... so close, but so far away.

Words ran across the bottom of the screen and I struggled to take my eyes off of Vince long enough to read them.

'Exclusive: Vince Neil Speaks For the First Time of Missing Girlfriend Heidi Mark'

I momentarily smiled at the words... I guess we were official now, after all...

And then he started talking and I thought my heart was breaking into a million pieces. It was bittersweet. It felt so good to hear his voice filling the room... for a second, I closed my eyes and tried to imagine that he was actually here with me.

It was the first time in so long that I actually felt safe, his voice felt like home. Just being reminded of what it sounded like, it was almost like I could hear all the sweet little things he'd ever said to me ringing through my ears.

My little moment of paradise was shattered and my eyes shot open, when I heard his voice start to speak over Vince's.

"What a loser. Look how pathetic!" He said excitedly, turning back to watch my reaction.

I tried to quickly change my expression when I saw him start to turn... but I think he saw through it. His eyebrows pinned together suspiciously, looking me up and down before he turned back to the TV.

As soon as he did, the fake smile faded from my face and my eyes darted back to the TV, trying to take in every detail of Vince's face.

He was as handsome as ever, in an all black silky looking button down with the first few buttons undone and his gold chains glinting in the light of the flashing cameras. His blonde hair was messy and disheveled, but I always kinda liked it like that. He had his arms resting on a podium that he was leaning up against, and I could see the tattoos creeping up his left forearm.