Chapter 86: Pay Phone

In typical Heather fashion, she'd planned her entire bachelorette party on her own even though it was usually something the maid of honor did. She wanted to make sure everything was perfect... and honestly it took all the pressure away from me having to make sure everything was perfect, so I wasn't mad about it.

Vince on the other hand, in typical Vince fashion, had totally forgotten about it until Tommy mentioned it that night in the limo and he'd been frantically planning everything at the last minute, so I hadn't really heard from him all week.

I was in a cab, on the way over to the five-star spa that Heather had rented out for her party. She said she'd rather have a relaxed drink-champagne-and-get-massages kinda bachelorette party over a crazy-clubbing one so I was wondering just how much fun I was gonna have...

I mean, sure the massage part was gonna be nice, but getting champagne drunk with all of Heather's soap opera star bridesmaids? It'd only be a matter of time before someone started crying or throwing a fit.

I walked into the spa and was greeted by a squealing Heather who jumped up and down excitedly when she saw me. She ran over to me and wrapped me into a hug and I could tell she'd already been drinking.

"Heids!!! You made it! Here, put this on. We've got mani pedis first, then facials, then massages!" She shouted in a high pitched tone as she handed me a silky robe with my initials sewn into the back.

Before leading me to the dressing room, she introduced me to her friends. All of them were platinum blondes with huge fake boobs, shooting me smiles that looked equally as fake.

"Yes please." I said to the women that'd been walking around refilling our champagne glasses as we were getting our toes done. She topped me off and stuck a little strawberry into the glass... giving me a slightly judgement stare as she walked off.

It was my fourth glass... but I knew I was gonna have to be slammed if I wanted to enjoy myself around these girls. After about my second glass, I'f realized that they weren't that bad, they were just incredibly shallow.

All they talked about was who wore what, or who was seen on the latest tabloid with who, or who they'd partied with most recently. They basically only wanted to talk shit or talk gossip... nothing in between.

I'd been talking with some girl, who I recognized from seeing her on Dynasty with Heather, about our favorite shoes that we owned. Granted, I loved shoes... and I loved this conversation... for about five minutes. But it had been thirty and she was still going on about whether she would choose her blue Louboutin's or her red Jimmy Choo's... oh wait! No, maybe she'd pick her nude Manolo's! It'd gone from a genuinely fun conversation to what seemed like a name drop for all the different brands she owned.

Before I knew it, I'd guzzled down the last of my champagne and the judgmental hostess was coming over to refill me yet again...

By the time we'd finished our nails and facials, I think everyone was pretty drunk. Heather bounded over to the front of the room, wobbling a little before she started yelling to get our attention.

"Ladies! Ladies!! Now for the big surprise of the night! Welcome.... our masseuses!!" She shouted as she gestured to the door.

It swung open and in walked ten or fifteen men, all shirtless with incredibly ripped bodies and little black bow ties around their necks. The room erupted into screams and the girls clapped and hollered excitedly.

I laughed because this was so Heather. She was way too classy for male strippers, so of course she'd hire the hottest looking men she could find to give us all massages.