Chapter 27: Rollercoaster

I woke up a few hours later to my phone ringing. I rolled over and put the pillow laying beside me over my head to try and drown out the sound. A minute later, the phone finally stopped ringing and I relaxed back into the bed.

There was a few seconds of silence before the phone started ringing again and I let out an aggravated grunt before rolling back over and picking it up.

"Hello?" I asked groggily.

"Heidi, baby, please don't hang up please," Vince pleaded on the other end of the line.

My breath caught in my throat as my sleepy haze wore off and I remembered the reason Vince was calling.

"... Heidi?" Vince asked after a few seconds of silence.

"I-I'm listening..." I said back.

"Baby I know how it looks, but you gotta believe me, nothing happened. I was outside smoking a cig and this girl asked me to take her to Nikki's room and she was pretty drunk, I didn't want to just leave her out on the street alone so I walked her up to Nikki's room. That's it, I swear and-" he began rambling as I cut him off.

"Wait... so you didn't do anything with her?" I asked, shot straight up in bed.

"No, babe I swear. You can ask Tommy, I went straight to his room after I dropped her off." He said into the phone, his words running together as he sped through each sentence.

I was shocked. I hadn't even considered that maybe he hadn't cheated. The picture in the magazine seemed so scandalous I'd just seen it and blacked out. Now that I think of it, he did have a cigarette in his mouth in the picture...

"Heidi?" He asked again with the most pitiful tone.

"I- Vince, I believe you." I said slowly, still trying to figure everything out in my head.

"Thank God," I heard Vince say as he let out a sigh of relief.

"Babe, I know it looked bad, but it really was nothing. I'm so glad you're not upset," he said laughing slightly.

I glanced around, from the chip crumbs in my bed to the melted tub of ice cream sitting on my night stand and felt a twinge of embarrassment.

"... yeah, I'm good. The photos threw me off at first, but I should've known better than to believe a tabloid like that. I mean they called me a supermodel so that should've been my first red flag," I said giggling.

"Well you are a supermodel, but the rest was all lies." Vince said without missing a beat. I instantly remembered how much I was missing his usual charm.

"Shut up," I said laughing into the phone, "how's the tour going?"

"It's fucking awesome, I can't wait for you to be here." He said with excitement in his voice.

"I know, me too. Where are you right now?" I said twirling the phone cord in my hand mindlessly.

"Wichita, we'll be in Oklahoma tomorrow then we've got a day off before we drive down to Dallas."

"That's crazy, I still can't believe you guys are doing this," I said.

"I know, it's insa-" Vince started, before someone in the back yelled Let's fucking go dude. I knew it was Tommy as soon as I heard the 'dude'.

"I gotta go baby, but I'll call you after our show. I love you." He said as he hung up.

I put the phone on the hook and slouched back down into bed. Before I could even think about what just happened, the phone rang again.

Geez, I thought to myself as I picked it up and said hello.

"Heidi, I just talked to Tommy. He said nothing happened and that Vince was just taking some girl to Nikki's-" Heather ranted before I stopped her.

"I know, I know. I just talked to Vince. He explained everything. We're all good," I said laughing a little at the entire situation.

"Jesus, you two are an emotional rollercoaster!" Heather shouted into the phone.

———————————————————————————
Two days later

I'd spent most of the day packing my stuff up since I was leaving to join the boys on tour at the end of the week.

I'd been sitting up in bed flipping through the latest issue of Vogue, waiting for Vince to call. He usually called me after the show, before they started partying, but I hadn't heard from him tonight.

After about an hour I just assumed he'd forgotten and got ready for bed. I hadn't gone out any since my Hilfigure campaign started because I didn't wanna look like a hungover mess in my pictures, so I wasn't used to staying up this late. As soon as I flipped my lights off and laid my head on the pillow, I passed out.

I fluttered my eyes open slowly as I thought I heard the sound of a key turning in the lock of my front door. I glanced at my clock and saw that it was 4am... I guess I was dreaming, I thought as I rolled back over and shut my eyes.

I popped my eyes back open sleepily as I heard my front door shut quietly and footsteps walking towards my room.

I couldn't tell if I was dreaming or actually awake when I saw the door to my room slowly start to creak open.