Chapter 24: The Tour Begins

I heard the sound of my door unlocking and my eyes shot open. I was still on the couch, laying on Vince's chest. We'd fallen asleep last night pillow talking and I had no clue what time it was... or who was walking into my apartment.

My head popped up to look behind the couch, towards the front door to see Heather walking in. Shit, I forgot she had a key.

"Heidi... oh honey, I heard from Nikki about what happened and I got all the voicemails you left me when I got home from Tommy's this morning... I wanted to make sure you were alright?" She said in a pitiful tone, walking towards the living room.

"Oh uh- it's messy in here..." She said as she stepped passed my thong that was laying in the middle of the floor. When she looked up she gave me a concerned glance, but the her expression changed to confusion.

"Are- are those boxers?!" She asked looking past me. I turned my head to see Vince's plaid boxers hanging from the lamp in my living room.

Just then, Vince popped his head up to peer over the back of the couch.

"Vince?!! What the hell?" She exclaimed, stopping in her tracks and looking between the both of us quizzically.

"Um.... surprise?" I said, looking over at Vince and giggling.

"What the hell happened between you two?" She asked, walking closer towards the couch.

"Uh Heather, just warning you, if you come any closer you might see a little more than you bargained for." Vince chuckled, trying to cover himself with the tiny blanket we had wrapped around our naked bodies.

"Oh my god!" Heather shouted, putting her hands over her eyes and turning on her heels to walk back towards the front door.

"Just call me later!" She yelled as the door slammed shut behind her.

Vince and I took one look at each other and busted out laughing.

"Hahaha the look on her face when your head popped up was priceless!" I wheezed.

"Haha I woke up when I heard her say something about boxers and the first thing I saw when I opened my eyes were my boxers hanging off the lamp, I almost lost it!" He cackled back.

He sat up and started collecting his clothes from the various places around the living room that they'd landed last night. I wrapped the blanket around myself and waltzed into the kitchen to make some coffee.

"What's all over the floor?" Vince asked as he walked over to join me in the kitchen. I looked down and saw him stepping over pieces of shredded up white paper.

"Oh... well when I thought we were broken up I ripped up that note you wrote me. I've still got the other one though!" I said back, flashing him an awkward smile.

"Uhhh what note?" Vince asked. I froze, mid-reach for a coffee filter and turned around to face him.

"You're joking, right?" I said and he shook his head, furrowing his brows.

"I found this note on my counter yesterday that said welcome home? And another last night that was slid under my door that said I looked great in my dress. I-I just assumed they were from you?" I said slowly.

"... No, it wasn't me... you said there was one on your counter? Like inside the apartment?" He said worriedly.

"Yeah I thought it was you since you and Heather are the only ones with a key... Wait, I bet I know who it was." I said taking a sigh of relief and turning back around to continue fiddling with the coffee pot.

"My neighbor, Betty. I gave her a key when I first moved in in case I ever locked myself out on accident. She probably left them for me, she's a sweet old lady. I should stop by and thank her." I said warmly.