Chapter 96: Man Up

Vince's POV

I drug him into the alleyway, picked him up by the collar and slammed him into the brick.

"Where is she!" I shouted, pulling him forward and crashing him back into the wall even harder.

"What-what are you talking about?!" He coughed, struggling to catch his breath.

"Answer me!!" I yelled again, throwing him onto the ground and kicking him a few times in the gut.

"I-I don't know... what you're-" He said in between blows as he doubled over in pain.

I picked him back up, reading my arm back to take a swing when someone caught it from behind and spun me around.

"You again?" A cop said, holding my fist in his and looking at me disapprovingly.

I yanked my hand out of his grip and backed away from the guy, still on the ground writhing around and clutching his stomach.

"You. Go, you'll be fine." He said, looking at the guy on the ground and nodding his head over to the street where the guys truck was parked.

"What? Aren't you gonna arrest-" He groaned out as he stood up shakily before the cop cut him off.

"Go." He said firmly, causing the guy to walk off mumbling curse words under his breath.

"And you." He said, turning his attention to me. He was a young guy, probably about my age, and I'd seen him around a few times during all this.

"What's this, the third time in two days? You can't just go around beating up every guy in LA with a blue truck." He said.

"I have to fucking do something, what are you guys doing?! Nothing!" I shouted, feeling myself starting to get angry again.

"Vince, you have to let us do our jobs. We're on it, trust me... but this isn't helping." He said, as I stared down at the ground in resignation.

"Look, just go home... But if it happens again, I'm gonna have to take you in, alright?" He said, putting a hand on his hip where a pair of silver handcuffs reflected the streetlight.

I didn't say anything, I just brushed past him and headed down the street to my apartment. I felt so defeated... how could no one have found her yet? It'd been over a fucking week! A whole fucking week... and it was all my fault for not trying to get up with her sooner.

I had to make it up to her somehow. I couldn't just stand around and wait for these lazy ass cops to take a coffee break and actually follow some leads. But I wasn't fucking getting any where.

I'd spent the last two days walking the streets of LA all night long, looking at every car that was parked on the side of the road. I hadn't slept a wink and it was starting to catch up to me. I felt like shit... But all I could think about was Heidi.

I didn't deserve to feel any better until Heidi was back home safe. I was supposed to be the one to protect her and I fucked it up... I had one fucking job!!

I walked into my apartment and exploded in rage. I swept my arm across the counter and knocked off all of the dishes that'd been sitting there, piled up. They crashed to the ground and shattered across the floor loudly.

I stormed over to the living room and knocked the lamp off the table, smashing into pieces and then looking around for something else to break.

I walked over to the bookshelf and reached to throw the glass music awards sitting untouched on the top shelf... when something caught my eye before I could.