Return to Hogwarts

As I, Raelyn Diggory, stood on Platform 9 and 3/4 I looked around at the sea of students and parents who were busy shuffling around trying to say last minute goodbyes as the clock neared 11am.

It felt strange to be going back to school after everything that happened last year. Yes the school was rebuilt and the senior class from last year were being made return to finish their education but I couldn't be excited.

I had not been excited about school since 4th year. The year my brother was unceremoniously killed simply because he was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Because he was, in the eyes of Voldemort, a spare.

Cedric Diggory, my brother was the best thing in my life. Don't get me wrong my mother was great and all but Ced was my everything. The best big brother any girl could ask for.

After his death, everything went wrong for us. My mother was killed during the Ministry takeover when she refused to join the Death Eaters.

My dad, consumed with grief, began fixated with Time Turners and changing the past. It's all he could think about. He was never home over the summer, he had quit his job at the Ministry and had been hauled up in our basement ever since working away to 'make things right'. And when he wasn't planning, he was drinking.

I hadn't seen him properly in weeks and I was pretty sure that he didn't even know I was away.

He wasn't my father anymore. He was a stranger. I tried to get him to see sense in the past year but he was beyond help. And I refused to sit around and watch him descend into madness anymore.

I told him that when school ended I would be leaving and not coming back. Just to test the waters on how he would feel. His response was that he wouldn't have any more distractions with me gone.

I decided to stay true to my word but bring my departure date forward. I left. My mother had left money for me in her will. And on the day I went to The Minsitry to receive my trustfund from her, I also received an hesitance from her wealthy family as the sole heir. I turned 17 years old a few months ago and finally received every penny.

Since the will stated that the money went her children I was left with a good, healthy sum of money. More than enough to buy a house and help me live, well more than comfortably. Like a Lord!

And that's what I have done. I bought a house. Perfect for me and what I hoped would be my own family someday.

But as I stood on the platform I realised just how alone I really was

But as I stood on the platform I realised just how alone I really was. Just how much I missed my brother. And my friends.

Beginning to feel emotional I decided to climb on board so I didn't have to see the other families and feel that all too familiar tug on my heartstrings.

I left my trunk in the storage unit, made sure Bleu was secure in my pocket and made my way down the train to find an empty compartment. Sliding open the door I step inside and took a seat.