Lucas

"Lucas! It's lovely to see you." I smiled as I hugged him.

It's something I always do and usually don't think about much. After all he was Cedric's best friend.

He had stayed at our house more times than I could count when Cedric were alive and I would spend quite a few weekends in Hogsmeade with him and my brother.

I actually regarded him as a brother. So a hug was perfectly normal. Like I would hug Theo, or Blaise now that I knew him better.

But I was however caught off guard when Lucas kissed me cheek.

"You look beautiful Raelyn. Not that I am surprised, you always do." He winked at me.

Was he bloody drunk?

"Uh...Lucas this is my dear friend Pansy. Pansy this is Lucas. He was a friend of my brothers."

"Oh I'd reckon I am more than that to you."

How odd. Now I really think he is drunk.

"You ok Lucas?"

"Of course darling? Why wouldn't I be?"

"Uh because you called me darling?"

"Oh well maybe my dear would be better? Or I could call you honey?"

"Well you could but you would get a smack up side the head," I snapped.

Pansy snickered.

"Well it is nice to meet you Pansy. Any friend of my girl is a friend of mine."

"Isabella and Pansy are friends?"

"I meant you...darling." He playfully bopped my nose.

And I wanted to break his.

What the hell was going on? Why was he being so bloody weird.

Suddenly I just wished he would go away.

"Well Lucas, Pansy and I were just heading for a coffee so we will -"

"Coffee sounds lovely." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a few galleons. "Vanilla latte for Rae, Americano for me and get something for yourself dear."

Lucas handed the money to Pansy who looked at him shocked. I however was bloody furious.

"Lucas!"

"What? She doesn't mind. Do you Pansy?"

He smiled at her and she blinked. I think she was a little dazed. "No it's fine. I mean Rae and my coffees are paid for so I am just paying for yours with this," she murmered and walked off to join the little queue that now seemed to be there.

The village must be busier now as the shop was filling up and Pansy was about 9th in the queue.

Lucas put his hand on the small of my back and guided me over to a table. I have no idea why the gesture annoyed me so much. But it did.

He pulled out my chair as I sat down before joining me.

"I am so glad I bumped into you my dear. I was so looking forward to seeing you."

"Uh...why?" I asked very confused.

"Don't be silly Raelyn."

"I wasn't aware that I was." He was being weird. Very weird. I wasn't sure where this was going but I suddenly wished that Draco was here.

"You are so cute."

"Lucas did you hit your head?"

"No. But it's sweet of you to ask. You are so caring."