Bed Rest

"Draco it's alright love. I -" I gasped.

"It most certainly is NOT alright. Are you ok? What happened? What -"

"Miss Diggory just needs a few machines to keep an eye on her." One male healer said.

"Oh right well...who are you?"

"Apologies Mr Malfoy, I am Healer Wattson. I am your mother's private examiner."

"Oh."

"Nicola asked us to bring these machines here to monitor Miss Diggory more closely."

"Realyn, Healer Wattson. My name is Raelyn."

"And my name is Norman." He smiled, then turned to Draco again to explain. "This machine here, gives oxygen to Raelyn to help her breath. She won't always need it, it's just here in case she does." He then pointed out the one sticking in the back of my hand. "This one here is hooked up to this bag and the liquid is a drip of morphine - pain relief. It's a muggle remedy but it is very effective and means she doesn't have to take so many vials."

"Thank Merlin, they were giving me a stomach ache."

"Thank you Healer Wattson." Draco shook his hand.

"Norman, please Mr Malfoy."

"And I'm Draco." He smiled.

"This one," Nicola said attaching the last sticker. "This monitors your heart rate for me. The beeping, you will get used to. And this one just keeps check of your other vitals."

"So basically I can't move?"

"No, you can. Look this stand holds your drugs and has wheels so you can make it to the bathroom and back. But other than that you are on bed rest. Remember?" Nicola smirked. 

"Damn it," I sulked and held the mask back up, taking one last gulp of air (not that I really needed it now) and placed it back on the little holder Nicola pointed out. 

"I can monitor you from St. Mungo's if needs be. It will only be a day or two as the guys downstairs think they are on the home stretch."

"Have they looked into the possible side effects?" Another Healer who introduced himself to be Healer Llyods asked. 

"I am not sure," Nicola admitted. 

"Why don't we go and see?" The final Healer, Erin Hagan smiled as the four medical professionals left the room. 

"You - rest," Nicola said pointing to me. "I will be back." 

When she closed the door, Azaleah sat on the chaise at the edge of the bed and Draco sat on his usual side.

"How are you feeling?" Draco asked. 

"Like a Christmas turkey. I have been poked, prodded, injected and stuffed."

Azaleah snorted and I stuck my tongue out at her. "Tell Draco what happened?"

"Quiet you!"

"No! Tell me what happened. Azaleah?"

She suddenly looked nervous. Draco may have changed for the better but he still had his scary looks for such times as he needed them. Like right now. 

"Rae panicked and she began gasping for air and chocking and Nicola had to stick her a needle in her arm."

Draco head whipped around to me so fast I swear I saw his eyes jiggle. 

"I am fine. Actually whatever she gave me to calm me has made me feel very relaxed. I like that stuff. Maybe she should give you some?" I wiggled my eyebrows at him.