Trying to Understand

I wasn't sure what time I woke up at but I knew it had to be late morning. Considering I didn't get to sleep until about 4am I thought I would have slept longer.

I looked to my left to see Azaleah sleeping soundly beside me. I carefully lifted myself out of bed, careful not to disturb her and tip toed across the room. I sneaked out of the bedroom and downstairs, smirking with my success.

"Good morning," Mrs Weasley beamed. "There is fresh coffee over there and I have breakfast almost ready. Although at this time of the morning, maybe it should be considered brunch."

"Thank you very much," I smiled. 

"It was my pleasure, honestly it has been lovely to have someone to cook and faff over."

I poured myself a coffee and sat at the island in the kitchen. Mrs Weasley seemed to be in a cheerful mood as she pottered about placing toast sausages, eggs, pancakes and bacon in the middle of the table.

"Did you sleep well?"

"I did thank you. Did you manage to get some sleep?"

"Oh no. I cleaned the house from top to bottom, dusting and sweeping. Then I mopped the floors. Trixie taught me how to use those machines in your wash room. Brilliant they are. I shall have to ask Arthur if I can have some myself. I washed all the linens and towels. Then I got to work on breakfast. Oh and I managed to send Ron's Howler off to him. He has probably already opened it at this stage."

She gave a wicked smile and I realised I adored this woman.

"You have such a beautiful home Raelyn. I would love a kitchen like this to cook in. Your garden is divine," she went on. "I dug out a few weeds this morning and picked a few bunches for the house. They brighten the place up don't you think?"

She gestured to the vase on the island and the one on the counter and table. Daffodils. My favorite.

"Yes, thank you. I love daffodils."

"I do wish I could see my son's face when he receives his mail. Oh well, Ginny will fill me in. It's not the first time he's gotten a howler."

"Oh I remember the last one. In second year. Made me jump and spill milk over my uniform."

We both gave a laugh as a giggle came from behind us. Azaleah was standing in the arch way.  Mrs Weasley hurried to her side and shuffled her over to the table.

She began to ladle my plate and Azaleah's full of food. "Eat up now." 

I held up a plate as Azaleah moved the chair between us out for Mrs Weasley to join which she smiled and did. There was enough food here for about 10 of us. 

"Trixie?" I called and she arrived in front of me with a faint pop.

"Yes Miss Diggory?"

"Would you like to join us for breakfast?"

Trixie looked shocked. For a very long time she didn't say anything as if trying to access the situation. 

"Oh Miss I am fine I -"

"Come on, there is loads of food and I bet you haven't eaten yet. Please?" I asked.

"Well if Miss is sure?" I nodded as she hopped up onto the chair next to me. Like Mrs Weasley had done, I began to fill Trixie's plate.

Azaleah had her appetite back as she ate a second helping of everything. It was good to see her eating well. I doubted that Azkaban worried too much about prisioner's health.

"So what are you girls planning for today?" Mrs Weasley asked.

"Well I need to get Azaleah some clothes but I am not sure...."

The Buddy System.    *Complete* जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें