Read My Mind

Mrs Gallows gave another squeak.

"Press charges?" Her brother asked.

"My girlfriend is currently in the hospital wing because of her."

"SOPHIE GALLOWS WHAT DID YOU DO?" her father boomed and she jumped.

"But...I....you seen what they did to me!"

"Nothing you don't deserve," her brother scoffed and she cursed at him.

Her father slapped the back of her head.

"Is Miss Diggory ok?" Her mother asked.

"She is diseased anyway. She dying...sooner the better!" Sophie snapped.

"Sophie..." her mother cried. "What happened to you?"

"What?" she asked.

"You used to be such a nice girl. Always so loveable and friendly. Everyone loved you. What happened?"

Sophie looked a little hurt but quickly recovered and held her head up.

"Mr Malfoy we apologise for our daughters behaviour." Mr Gallows said.

"It's not your fault for how she turned out. She's lucky I don't press charges for trying to force me to take a love potion."

Her mother gave another wail and her brother cursed. Mr Gallows pinched the bridge of his nose.

"That is illegal and morally wrong Sophie," he said but she just scoffed.

He looked ready to snap.

"But daddy -"

"Don't but daddy me." He snapped causing her to shiver.

"I hope this doesn't affect our working relationship Mr Malfoy. I mean... well... that is to say...without your backing we face closure. Bankruptcy. "

Sophie gasped and wailed. "Be poor?"

"Hush girl!"

"But -"

"It might do you some good to be cut off." Her brother smirked.

"You have worked with my father for some time Mr Gallows. I know your business has struggled since the war. But it will get better. I will make you a deal. You keep your daughter away from me, my girlfriend and family and you will still receive my family's backing." I said.

Her father nodded, and thanked me. "I will make sure of it."

Sophie however scoffed. "Yeah right."

Mr Gallows pulled his daughter up. "Oh you will. I think it's time you were taught some humility my dear. You will start to work for the business."

"What? Work? Well I better get a corner office."

"You will have an entry level job. Postal service." Her brother said folding his arms.

"No way! Besides you said I would marry well so I wouldn't have to work. That's why I wanted Draco. I will marry him."

I scoffed. "No chance!"

She looked outraged. "Daddy!" She whined.

"You are too immature for marriage. You will work for a few years and then we shall see. But it will not be Mr Malfoy. I doubt any self respecting family would take you. You have no one but yourself to blame."