Our Song

RAELYN POV

After dinner the four of us moved into the living room as the sky grew dark. Mrs Malfoy was seeing Andy and Teddy off at the door. 

I had been watching Theo all afternoon and evening around Azaleah. I noticed that he kept touching her. As if checking to see if she was really with him and not some mirage he was seeing. It was heartbreaking actually. 

He was always holding her hand or hand his arm draped around her but I also noticed that he didn't sit too close to her. He always left a little space. 

I wasn't sure why. 

Draco and I were practically pornographic opposite them. He sat in an armchair and pulled me onto his knee. He was currently making circles on the back on my knee and it was having a certain affect on me that I shouldn't be feeling with company present. I was leaning back with my head on his shoulder and tracing the same shaped on his chest. 

"You two are adorable," Azaleah sighed. To anyone else it would sound like a contented sigh but I saw her eyes flicker to Theo and I knew that it was more of a 'I wish we were doing the same thing' kind of a sigh. 

I didn't know what was going on with Theo but I was going to find out.

"Who wants a drink? I have Firewhiskey or butterbeer or gin?"

"You have gin?" Azaleah's eyes lit up. 

"I do. With lemonade?" I was leaning forward now.

"Oh please!"

"Love? Firewhiskey?" I asked turning to see him checking out my ass as I leaned over. 

"What? oh yeah please." He smiled, faking his innocence.

"Theo? Help me?" I asked. He looked to Azaleah as if he didn't want to leave her.

"I will keep her company mate. Don't worry." Draco offered.

"Yeah he can tell me what just how he managed to get Rae into a cupboard with him."

I could see him smirk at that as Theo stood. "I will be right back." He assured her. 

"I know you will. I will be here." She promised.

Draco winked as I grabbed Theo's arm and we headed out. Mrs Malfoy was in the kitchen writing on parchment. When I reached the counter I turned to Theo.   

"What is wrong?"

He looked at me like I had two heads. "What are you talking about?"

"You are being weird!"

"Am not!"

"Theo I could fit in between you and Azaleah on the sofa. You are afraid to get close to her."

He looked conflicted before sighing heavily and pinching the bridge of his nose.

"I don't want to hurt her. She is so fragile and I am worried to do anything to quick or too much."

"Huh?"

"I am dying to hold her properly but I don't want to scare her. What do I do?"

"Stop it." I aaid simply.

"What?"

"You're overthinking it. She wants you. She loves you. She was so excited for her reunion with you and your ruining it. Bloody hold her! It's what she wants."

I slapped his arm and Mrs Malfoy let out a giggle making us both look at her.

"My apologies. I should not have been listening. But if I may...Raelyns right. Don't think too much. She had missed you as much as you missed her. Hold her. Be with her. That's all she wants".