Bolting

I have no idea how much of the story we got through. I don't even remember falling asleep. What I do remember is being woken up the following morning rather abruptly.

By beeping. Beeping and a pain in my chest.

It started as a burning sensation. Like heartburn. Only it got worse. It felt like my heart was burning. Boiling even.

The beeping got worse. I opened my eyes, tears stinging me and turned to see the monitor lighting up like the ceiling in the Great Hall.

And the pain intensified.

"What the fuck is that noise?" Theo moaned.

I gasped but couldn't speak.

"Turn it off!" Pansy croaked.

My arms were like dead weights by my side. I couldn't even move to try and wake anyone.

I felt like something was attacking my heart.

I gasped again.

"It's Raelyn's monitor," Azaleah groaned.

"Raelyn's monitor," Draco repeated. "Raelyn's mon- RAELYN'S MONITOR!!"

"Shit!" Blaise jumped forward and was the first to reach me. "Fuck Raelyn!"

He lifted my head in his hands. Draco was at the monitor, pressing the little button which signaled for Nicola.

I squeezed my eyes shut. Azaleah took my hand as Pansy and Theo ran to the door shouting for help.

I couldn't do anything but gasp for air and watch them.

Thankfully Nicola appeared, in her pyjamas and was straight over to me, pouring a vial down my throat. She then began muttering spells.

I turned my head to look at Draco. He stood in shock watching Nicola hand Blaise another vial for me as she kept muttering, moving her wand over me.

As quickly as the pain started, it ceased to a dull ache. Not gone but much more manageable.

"Ok doll, deep breaths." Nicola whispered as she rubbed something on my chest. The stuff was absorbed into my skin straight away.

It was like my heart was being wrapped in a blanket.

But I kept my eyes on Draco.

It took a few minutes, in which Narcissa and Mrs Weasley came in to check on everyone else, but eventually my breathing evened out again.

My head was still in Blaise's hands and I was leaning against him. Pansy was rubbing my hand. Azaleah and Theo were sitting on the chaise at the bottom of the bed.

Draco looked up and caught my eye. He looked...broken. He then shook himself and tore out of the room.

Narcissa flew out after him and Theo followed.

Draco had left me.

I looked up to Nicola. "Hi there," she smiled.

Draco left me.

"Hi," I said hoarsely.

Draco had left me.

"I don't remember ordering a wake up call," Blaise smirked looking down at me.

"Sorry. Did I scare you?"

"Na, I love a good scare in the morning."

I gave him a half smile. Draco had left me.

"How do you feel?" Nicola asked.

"Better. What happened?"

"Your heart. Its weakening." She sighed. "There are a few more vials I need you to take. I will go get them."