New Years Eve

But the time we were heading upstairs again, Bill and Fleur were with Theo and Azaleah, sitting at the kitchen smirking at us.

"Tea?" Fluer asks as she pours two extra cups and passes them to us.

I sit next to Azaleah who winks at me and sip my tea as Bill continues the conversation we interrupted.

"So anyway like I said, Azaleah, the Minister feels you are making excellent progress. So much so that he wants to start reducing your vials."

"Why?" I asked. They were helping her cope so why take them away from her. It had only been 10 days.

"He wants her to start to wean off them while you and the boys are here to comfort her. It will be much harder for her to come off them if she is also alone."

I suppose it made sense.

"Ze will not be doing anyzing wizout your permissions Azaleah. Iz is your choice."

Azaleah looked to Theo who offered her a smile. "No the Minsiter is right, it makes more sense to reduce them now. I don't want to be relying on them and with you guys here it will be easier."

"Are you sure?" Theo asked wrapping an arm around her.

"Yeah. I am ready." She nodded.

"That's great Azaleah. We will start off removing one in the morning and one in the evening. This was recommended by the Healer."

"Zit won't be your sleeping draught," Fleur explained. "You can stay on zem as zhey are natural."

"Oh good," Azaleah sighed.

"It will be the strengthening solution. So long as you keep eating healthy you should be fine."

"This is great progress," Draco reassured her. "The Healer wouldn't be doing this if she didn't think you could cope."

"Yeah I guess so."

"Well its New Years Eve and I know that you are having people over so maybe you could start tomorrow morning and remove one of the vials then?"

"That's a great idea - 5 points to Gryffindor." I smiled in my best Dumbledore voice causing everyone to laugh.

The boys then went off to play chess with Bill as Azaleah went for a nap.

This left Fleur and I in the kitchen.

"You haz become ze beautiful young lady," Fleur smiled and she patted my hand. "I know you brozer would be very proud of you."

"Thank you."

"He zalked about you all zhe zime you know. You were his bez friend."

"He talked about me?"

"More zan I zalked about Gabrille and zat is zaying zomething."

"What did he say?"

She shuffled in her chair. "Well he zaid zat home life waznt eazy for you. Your fazger vos alwayz very 'ard on you. He zais vhen he vaz old enough he vould zake you zo live vit him. Zaid you vere a geniuz and kind zoul vho could do anyzing you wanfed."

I gave sniff.

"He vould be happay to zee you zo loved and carefree like zis. Zat Draco iz good for ou."

"He is. I love him."

"And iz obvious he loves you zoo."

She smiled again and finished her tea before standing.

"I zink maybe I zhould have nap too." She yawned as she headed upstairs.

Not wanting to disturb the boys and as Azaleah was asleep, I made my way up to my own room.