Three Letters

Just like the morning before, I showered and came down stairs and immediately began to make breakfast for everyone.

I couldn't shake this feeling I had. Like feeling a little out of it and a little dizzy. So I decided to cook a huge pot of porridge as I knew it was Azaleas favourite and it would involve me standing at the cooker for too long.

I knew it wouldn't take long and as it simmered I made a list of grocery items that we would need. I knew how busy the store would be as it was Tuesday and Christmas Eve was on Thursday so if we got everything today we wouldn't need to venture out until next week.

I was setting the table by hand when Azaleah and Theo came in. I was trying to make a conscious effort to not use my magic so much around her. It felt like showing off that I could do it but she couldn't.

"You ok Rae?" Azaleah eyes me suspiciously. She could always tell when I felt unwell.

I just smiled and nodded at her.

I was passing raspberries to Theo when Lucas appeared sitting me to me. He even moved his chair so that he was closer still.

It pissed me off.

He leaned over the top of me to grab a bowl, making sure to brush up against me. I moved out of his way and he moved closer again and started a conversation with Azalea. Theo never took his eyes off him as he ate, watching his every movement with a very irritated expression on his face.

He opened his mouth to say something when Draco arrived down, wearing nothing but his pyjamas bottoms.

I could have sworn he was wearing a top when I left him.

"Good morning everyone," he smiled as he moved to me and kissed the top of my head. He then looked to the seating around the table.

I had sat at the one side of the table with Azalea at the head of the table next to me and Lucas at the other side of me.

Draco was going to have to sit beside Lucas or move further down the table next to Theo. Or so I thought. Draco pulled me to my feet and sat in my chair pulling me onto his knee.

Theo was trying to hold in his laugh as Draco lifted my spoon and took a bite of my breakfast, then lifted a spoonful up to me. Then he took a sip of my coffee.

Lucas looked pissed. Theo was dancing with excitement.

But I think this was the exact moment when Lucas decided to up his game. Thinking it would annoy me he turned to Azalea and began outrageously flirting with her.

And Merlin help her she was too nice for her own good.

"Azaleah you look beautiful this morning," he purred as he leaned across the table and held her hand.

"Uh...thanks...I mean I am wearing Rae's pjs but ok."

He looked at me to see my reaction but I was whispering to Draco, talking about my decision to get an owl.

"I want a black one. Can you get black owls?"

"You can love. I think they are more rare and more therefore expensive. But you should have the best."

It was a hushed conversation so no one could hear us. "Oh no you don't," I whispered. "Do not buy me an owl. I will get it myself."

Draco just smirked.

"You get me an owl and I will buy you something ridiculously expensive...and ugly!"

His smirk turned to a scowl.

But I kissed his nose as he looked too cute being all pouty.

"Rae!" Theo and Azalea shouted.

My head snapped in their direction. "Sorry what?"