Vulgar Talk

Azalea and Theo had went to bed long ago and I don't even remember Lucas emerging from the library. 

And I was waiting for Draco. 

He left at 4pm and it was now way past mid night and he was no where to be seen. Not that I minded. I knew he had things to take care of and he did send me a message to say he would be late.

I sat in the living room by the fire, with my cup of tea and a book. 

This is how I spent most nights during the summer. I likes the peace and quiet.

"Raelyn?"

So much for peace and quiet.

"Lucas I really don't want to argue."

"Good me neither." He came into the room and sat down on the same sofa as me but at the far end.

"Why are you not sleeping?"

"I thought I would stay up and start the paperwork for Azalea."

"What is this paperwork?" I asked. I didn't really know much about it but every guard so far had mentioned it.

He lifted the parchment off the coffee table and held it out so I could read it. "It's just like a questionnaire we fill out. Who is in the house? How she looks? Does she talk much? Does she eat? Does she take her medication on time? Does she seem upset? Then there are a few ratings questions where we give a mark out of 5 and then ether are these questions which we have to go through with her."

"That is very detailed. Why so much paperwork?"

"Just to get everyone's perspective and to make sure nothing is missed out. She has been through a lot and she is coping remarkably well. But she is also on strong potions which will begin to decrease in measurements over the next few weeks so we could see a change in her."

"Yeah I guess." He scooted closer to me which was uncomfortable but my knees where up and in front of me so I could kick him in the throat if he tried anything.

"Well this will also be used to assess how she interacts and copes with her limited freedom. If she is seen to be coping she will be given a little more freedom until she is signed off and gets her wand back."

"Do they suspect how long that will take?"

"The Minister reckons a few months but I know Azalea and I think she will surprise us all."

"She is an amazing girl."

"She has amazing friends." He corrected as he smiled at me and then set the papers back on the coffee table before leaning back moving even closer so my knees were touching the outside of his thigh. "What are you reading? Let me guess Jane Eyre your favourite?"

"No and my favourite is not Jane Eyre."

"Yes it is." He looked at me with a confused expression. "You used to read it all the time."

"No I didn't. Teeny did. I read my favourite. Little Women."

"No your favourite was Jane Eyre. I even read the book this summer so I could share this with you. You used to talk about the characters all the time."

"Still Teeny."

"No Teeny gushed about some fictional guy Laurie and how she loved him." 

I laughed at this. "That was me."

He gave a dazed expression as if he was trying to remember. 

"But I read Jane Eyre."

"Good for you."