Supermarket

We woke up on Christmas Eve to a blanket of snow about 4 inches deep on the grounds of my home. It was beautiful. The garden was pure white and it looked magical. This was my first Christmas in my little home. My first Christmas without my mum and first I would be spending without my family. Well, the Diggory's anyway. These past few days I had come to realise that my friends are my family.

They are all I need.

I turned to tell Draco about the snow. Only he wasn't there. 

I quickly showered and dried, using my wand to dress and dry my hair. I wore a black pair of jeans and a dark green oversized wooly jumper which hung off one shoulder, which I paired which I paired with black boots.

I sprinted downstairs and into the living room. Theo and Azaleah were keeling on the couch looking out the window. 

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Shush!" Theo scolded but pulled my down beside him. "A few paparazzi showed up this morning. I think word got out that Azaleah was here. Mrs Hobkirk is out giving them an earful."

Sure enough the little old lady was standing at the bottom of the garden wagging her finger as 3 men and 1 woman stood in front of her looking at the floor. It was priceless. She was half the height of them but they looked to be deathly afraid of her. 

One of the men looked up and the three of us ducked down to avoid being seen. 

Theo flicked his wand and closed the blind. 

"Hey have any of you seen Draco?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, he said he would be back later. He left a note for you in your office, I think," Theo nodded to the room at the opposite side of the hall.

Sure enough in my office, on the desk was a note from Draco:

My love,

You looked too peaceful to wake. 

I am heading home for a few hours this morning. My mother sent word that she wants to speak with me and asked me to come for breakfast. 

Apologies it's very last minute. 

But I should be home before you have a chance to miss me.

I love you.

Your Draco xxx

He was wrong of course. I missed him already. I decided to send a patronus to tell him such.

"Hey love, you're wrong. I already miss you. But I will be here waiting for you to get back. I love you too. Tell your mother I say hello and Merry Christmas. We should have organised it so that your mother was guarding Azaleah tonight and she could spend Christmas with us. Andromeda and Teddy too. I will see you later love."

I watched at the patronus flew off before joining Azalaeah and Theo who were now in the kitchen eating breakfast with Mrs Hobkirk.

"Those nosey so and so's from the Daily Prophet. As if they don't have anything better to do. It's Christmas Eve for crying out loud!" She sulked. "But don't you worry. I gave them a piece of my mind."

"What did you say?" Theo asked.

"I told them that if they set foot on the property, that I would turn them into chickens and cook'em for dinner."

"Thank you Mrs Hobkirk."

"It's no problem, Raelyn. They can't set foot on your property anyway. But still. No manners. Flashing their cameras. They are lucky I don't flash them a glance at my undergarments."