To your health

I wasn't sure what time the boys made it back but when I woke up the following morning, Azaleah was sleeping by my side and Draco was sleeping behind me, spooning me with his arm gently laid across my hip.

From the snores in the corner I guessed Theo was here somewhere as well.

I turned to face Draco as gently as I could.
I was trying not to wake him.

"Morning you," he smiled without even opening his eyes.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to wake you." I whispered.

"Which one of us are you referring to?" Blaise said as he stood up from where (I assume) he was sleeping on the floor.

I sat up and looked around.

There on the floor of the room was a sea of mattresses, pillows and blankets along with a sleeping group of friends.

Ron was snoring at one corner with Hermione curled up under his arm with a book clutched to her chest. Harry and Ginny were a tangle of limbs and Pansy was stirring from where Blaise had just left her.

"Sorry," I muttered again but Blaise waved it off and smiled.

"Come on," Draco said climbing out of bed and holding out his hand for me. "Time for vials and checks."

I rolled my eyes but didn't argue. Instead I took his hand and climbed over bodies until I reached the door.

Nicola was already in the kitchen. I swear that girl basically lived here now as well.

"Hey you two. Sleep well?" She was pouring herself coffee and as she spoke she conjured two more mugs, filling them.

"Great thank you." Draco answered taking both our cups off her and adding milk and sugar.

"I'm sorry I didn't get to see you last night Rae. But when I arrived you and Azaleah were both asleep and I didn't want to wake y'all."

"No it's fine." I assured her.

"Well I want to check you over after breakfast anyway."

I nodded I agreement. There wasn't much point in arguing as I knew Draco would take her side.

"How are you feeling after yesterday?" He asked as I slotted bread into the toaster.

"Good. It was nice to see your father. I will admit I was a little nervous but he was...very nice. I am glad we went."

"Yeah he really seems to like you. I told you when I saw him at Christmas that he was a changed man but I kind of thought it might have been for show to get you to visit. But he genuinely seems to like you. I am pleased."

"You are?"

"Well his opinion has always meant a lot to me. Growing up I was forever trying to win his approval. Seems when I finally decide to be a man and that his approval isn't the most important thing in the world, he finally gives it. I mean, I love you no matter what but my family have always been important to me and it means the world to me that you like them and they like you. Rae, I know that the Malfoy name isn't exactly honourable anymore and people will always hate us for our part in the war but - "

I placed the plate of toast in front of him and sat on his knee. "I adore your mother and I can see your father has really changed and is making a real effort. I will be proud to be a Malfoy when we get married and I am proud to be by your side. I don't care what anyone says. I know the real Draco Malfoy and I love you for being you."

He kissed my cheek as I placed butter and jam on his toast and held it up for him to bite into. "I could get used to this kind of attention," he smirked.