The Party

DRACO POV

Stepping into the Room of Requiremet, I couldn't believe the difference in the last time I had been here, during the battle.

I am actually surprised it survived the fire.

I looked to Rae who was holding my hand with her other hand holding onto my arm. She looked breathtaking  tonight. Well every night.

But tonight she had rendered me speechless.

Which does not happen often.

The room was buzzing. 7th year students were dancing on the make shift dance floor. Others were standing scattered around the room in little groups.

"Drink?" I asked as she held on tighter to me and nodded.

We headed over to the table which held bottles and bottles of butterbeer and firewhisey.

I poured one glass of Firewhiskey and was about to pour the other when I spotted that gin stuff she liked, along with lemonade so instead I poured one of them for her.

We clinked our cups and downed the contents.

Usually at parties I can be found in one of the armchairs with a bimbo hanging off my arm as I watched the crowd in boredom.

Yet here I was and I found myself wanting more with Raelyn and so I downed my glass again and held out my hand.

"Dance with me."

She repeated my actions, downing her drink and taking my hand. "Always."

I led her onto the dancefloor with the other party guests. She turned to face me and our bodies began to sway to the music. One of her hands wrapped around my neck and the other on my forearm.

She was a great dancer. I however was struggling. She was grinding up against me.

And I was struggling to contain my...well my excitement.

A slow song came on and she moved even closer to me if it were possible. I loved the closeness but by Merlin I wanted to be alone with her.

She had a carefree expression on her face that I rarely got to see. Raelyn in all her beauty always looked like there was something playing in the back on her mind.

And I am not surprised. Believing your friend was a killer only to discover she may have been falsely imprisoned would be challenging for anyone.

And Raelyn Diggory was doing everything in her power to help her friend.

That was the kind of girl she was. Loyal to a fault.

I am not an idiot. I am fully aware of how lucky I am to have her. I've always known. And that prick today just confirmed it for me.

But I also knew that our little run in with him was only the beginning. Between Lucas and Sophie, why couldn't they just let us be?

Bloody idiots!

She looked up at me. I could melt looking into those eyes.

"What are you thinking about?" She smiled as she begin to play with my hair at the nape of my neck.

"You," I answered honestly.

"Me?" She looked a little confused but she quickly recovered with a smile.

"Just how lucky I am to have you. Also how Sophie and that prick from earlier both tried to ruin it."

"Tried but failed," she murmured with a twinkle in her eyes.

"I don't think it's over though. I am sure we will see more of him." The thought disturbed me.

"Hey," she said leaning down to catch my eye as I looked at my feet. "Let em try. I know I love you and nothing he says will change that."