Unusual Proposal

"I can't do this."

"You can."

"You do it instead."

"Eh no."

"Why not?"

"Well I hope there's a few reasons but the most important would be because she loves me and has already agreed to marry me."

It had been about 6 weeks from the curse was cured and life had gone back to normal.

For one poor Nicola was actually able to go back to work on other patients. As I was better and Azaleah was in the clear, we didn't need to have constant supervision around the house, meaning when Narcissa, Andromeda, Mrs Weasley or others came to the house, it was actually to visit us.

I had went back to school. I still lived at home and travelled to school everyday as did the others but I was back in the classroom again.

Azaleah decided not to go back. She had caught up with us and was taking all her lessons from home. She was set to graduate with the rest of us in a few days.

Lucius received a reduced sentence for good behaviour and helping us on my case.

It wasn't exactly a full pardon like you seen in movies or novels. His 10 year sentence was reduced significantly. He would be out the day of graduation having served a year and would be placed under house arrest at the new Manor for 4 years before being allowed his wand back.

Wren and Nicola adopted Isabella legally as Lucas could no longer care for her. Looked like my dad would be getting a house mate in his care home.

Harry had proposed to Ginny last week in a grand proposal that was lavish, over the top and highly entertaining to the rest of us. They already had a date set for their wedding.

"You are a big girl Az. You do not need my help with this." I smirked.

"Yes I do. I am a bloody nervous wreck."

"You got this," Draco said placing a hand on her shoulder. "We worked hard on this. We planned it strategically and covered all basis. It's going to be fine."

"Unless he says no."

"He won't say no." Blaise assured her.

"Stop worrying. This is going to be amazing." Pansy assured her.

"We will go and get into position." Draco smiled, leaned in and kissed me and ushered Blaise and Pansy out into the garden.

Azaleah turned to me. "Rae, am I doing the right thing?"

I didn't know how to answer that. "Who to say what's right? You love Theo. And he loves you. You want to spend the rest of your life with him. Some people are going to think you're too young. Some poeple are going to think you're crazy. But you have to do what you think is right."

"I want to marry him." She said with determination.

"Which is exactly why you're asking him to marry you."

"You're right. This feels right."

"Well then there is your answer."

"Thank you Rae. Without you and Theo I wouldn't be here right now. I wouldn't be free. You helped set me free. You have been more of a friend than I deserve. You never gave up on me."

"Hey I spent ages on your makeup. Do not ruin it!"

She giggled and smoothed down her white dress. I pushed a loose strand of hair behind her ear and tucked it into her flower crown she was wearing.