Dancing in the rain

By the time I was setting my quill down I was sobbing

Draco and Theo had abandoned their latest game to console me.

"It's OK doll. At least she now knows that you are supporting her."

"Draco is right. She will be so delighted to hear from you and for her paintings."

"Do you want to read the letter?" I sniffed leaning my head on Draco's shoulder as I held Theo's hand.

"Absolutely not. That is private between you and your best friend. No one else needs to read it."

"Theo how can you be so brave?"

"Oh I am a mess. Bloody cry myself to sleep every night. The only reason I was even able to come back here was you Rae. I knew you were here so I hoped I wouldn't be alone. And I'm so glad I'm not."

He squeezed my hand.

"My heart is broken for her. In that bloody dreadful place."

"I know but we are working on getting her out love which is the most important thing. She will be thrilled with how much you and Theo are doing for her."

"We have a bit of time before curfew. I am going down to the owlery to post these. I won't be long."

"Want me to walk with you?" Draco offered.

"No you finish your game. I am fine. I won't be long I promise."

"You sure? I don't mind."

"Honest," I smiled at him. "I will be back in a few minutes." I kissed him and made my way out of the portrait hole with both paintings and my letter.

The school was awfully quiet for being before curfew. Not that I minded at all. I enjoyed the peace.

I slipped out of the front door of the castle and down the steps. The stones crunched under my feet as I walked towards the viaduct.

It just started to rain as I made my way along the wooden viaduct. I stood at its edge for a few minutes contemplating whether to make a run for it or to wait it out.

In the end though I chose neither. I simply stepped out and let the rain hit my face. It was actually quite refreshing.

The owls were hooting in annoyance at the rain as I entered the owlery. If you could get over the smell, it would be one of the best places at Hogwarts. At least one of the most underrated places anyway.

I set my packages on the work bench that sat in the far corner the the circular tower.

A measuring tape rose off the table and began measuring the package but it floated to the scales to be weighed.

As it did a book opened in front of me. On the page was a list of birds that were up for the delivery based on the package weight and size.

I chose a large grey owl. The package was tied to its leg as I gave it a treat from the jar on the table.

The owl opened it's wings and gave an impatient hoot. Probably annoyed at me for giving it a delivery in that weather.

"I'm sorry. I know you are going to get wet. Maybe you want to wait to its eased off a little?"

The bird looked even more annoyed.

"I think you just insulted it," some said from behind me.

Harry was standing there with an envelope of his own.

"Bit late for mail?" He asked.

"I might say the same to you."

He held up the envelope. "Mail ordering Hermiones Christmas present."