The Date - prt 2

After our little "make out session" we headed back into the street and off to the bookstore.

Entering the store, the lady behind the counter smiled. "Good afternoon Mr Malfoy. How are you?"

"I am good Mrs Marshall. This is Raelyn Diggory."

"It's nice to meet you ma'am."

The lady's whole face lit up as she looked at me. "And you." She squeaked. "I see you in here all the time but never had a name to go with the lovely face. I amndelighted to known it now. Are we here for anything in particular today?"

"Just a coffee and a browse." Draco smiled.

"Oh Mr Malfoy that package arrived for you. All three of them. Perfect condition."

"Brilliant! Will you withdraw the money from my vault?"

"Of course. Will you be taking them today?"

"Yes please."

"Well I will wrap them for you."

They continued to chat as I made my way to the back to my favourite section. It was a small stand which had muggle books. So many wonderful titles I had fallen in love with over the years:
- Little Women
- Wuthering Heights
- Pride & Prejudice
- Romeo & Juliet
- Jayne Eyre
- The Wizard of Oz
So may greats!

I was currently reading "The Duke and I" from my mum's friend and it was truly page turning! I was loving it. But I was always on the look out for new books.

As I browsed the shelves picking up three books I was buying, Draco approached with a basket. "I thought you would have a few you wanted so I got this to carry them."

"Thanks," I smiled a I put the books carefully in the basket. Draco held the basket for me as he too began browsing the shelves.

"So what do you think of Little Women?" I asked.

"I'm liking it so far. It's quite modern for it's time isn't it? Jo March is the very definition of an independent woman. Actually she reminds me of you."

"She does?"

"Well let's see; she is unwaveringly loyal, she stands by her beliefs, she is not afraid to challenge people conceptions, she is very head strong and yet cannot see her worth, her beauty and can't understand why Laurie has fallen helplessly in love with her."

"Well I have never been compared to Jo March but I love it. She is probably my favourite literary character."

"So what else would you recommend? Bare in mind that most of the books I have read were written by wizards."

I browsed the shelves waiting to see if anything caught my eye. I had an idea for a trilogy but I was unsure if this shop had them.

He would like those. I wonder if I can order- Ah here we go!

I picked up the books I wanted and handed them to Draco. "Lord of the Rings". Is it any good?"

"Very! You should definitely try them."

"Sold!" He smiled as he tipped the three books into the basket. "How about that coffee?"

I smiled and nodded as we headed upstairs and to the little fancy cart at the other side.

"I will have a black Americano please and Raelyn?"

"A vanilla latte if you have it?"

The little elf in charge of the cart smiled and nodded and she began to prepare the drinks.

"I will get this, you head for a table." I smiled as I shooed him away.

"I will pay, I invited you on the date remember?"