Trouble Finding Me

"So come on, spill," he looked at me dead serious.

How did he know?

"I was just thinking how lucky I am. I have Draco and you guys all living with me. At the start of the year my main goal was to come back. Keep my head down and study hard, graduate and then go home to this house, alone. I never imagined I would make new friends. Or that old ones would come back to my life. I had accepted the fact that I would be alone."

"Doesn't sound like much fun."

"It wasn't but I had accepted it. Then I met Pansy and Blaise and I thought maybe I could have a few friends. Someone to smile at me in the hallway. I thought Draco hated me but at least I could chat with Pansy when I saw her.

Then I was partnered with Draco for the Buddy System and I got to know him. The real him. And I realised we were alike. Starting new with our lives. And then you came back. My oldest friend and you showed me that Azaleah was innocent. You helped bring my family back to me. And I was happy. Truly happy.

I fell in love with Draco and moved into your dorm and I was happy. Actually, genuinely happy. Something I hadn't felt since 5th year. And we got her home and I got comfortable. I had you guys, I had Draco and I actually looked forward to the future.

But I never thought that my future would be taken away from me like it was. I don't even really remember being cursed and now I find out that it is slowly killing me. And that future. The one with my friends...my new family. Now it may not happen. It scares me because I want it. I want it desperately. I want to get married to Draco. Have a family with him. Grow old with him. And the fact that it might not happen..."

I had not realised that I was crying until Theo wiped a tear off my cheek. "You will have that future. I will do everything I can to make sure you do. We all will. You spent all of 6th year and the battle helping everyone else and now it is our turn to help you. But you need to look after yourself while we figure out this curse."

"You make it sound easy. You know I don't go looking for trouble? Trouble just happens to fine me."

"And find you it does." He laughed. "But I don't want you to be scared. We will keep you safe. I don't know if you realise but you my dear, are the glue that holds us all together."

"No I am not," I laughed. But Theo shrugged.

"No you are. You were the one who told me to grow some balls and ask Azaleah out and if you remember you warned Blaise about that other boy and he panicked and decided to ask Pansy to be his girlfriend -"

"Actually there was no boy. I just said that to give him a little push."

Theo laughed out loud at that and placed a hand on his chest. "Brilliant" Wish I had thought of that. I should have known better with you. But you brought us all together. Not to mention what you have done for Draco. He was an ass before he met you. He didn't trust anyone and was never open with anyone. He was surrounded by people constantly and yet he was alone. But you changed that."

"No I did-"

"You did! You showed him that it was ok for him to be himself and that he didn't have to be the git he used to be. And you showed him love. That he was worthy of love. And showed him how to love in return. He loves you. You love him. It's bloody beautiful," he rolled his eyes. "You deserve happiness. You deserve to have a wonderful, full and long life."

"So do you. With Azaleah I hope?" I asked smirking at him and wiggling my eyebrows at him.

"Hopefully. If I haven't pissed her off before then."

"Actually she is convinced that she is pissing you off. She feels like she is damaged goods. Too damaged. She feels like a burden."

"She is n-"