What Needed To Be Said

"You left. You wouldn't understand." He practically growled.

"I left because if I had stayed I would have ended up like you. I was sick of being verbally abused day and night and blamed for things beyond my control. I am not a bad person. Not the weak, pathetic mess you told me I was. I had the courage to walk away."

I sniffed and wiped the tears that escaped.

"So what are you doing here now. Why did you come back?"

"Because you are my father."

He looked...indifferent when I said that.

"I am fit to be no ones father." He said simply and looked down to the floor.

I blew out trying to control my temper. "You wouldn't saying that if it was Cedric sitting here."

He looked up at me. "Well we will never know will we?"

There was a long silence. Maybe 5/6 minutes.

"Look I am glad you are alright and safe. Its clear that you are moving on and trying to build a life for yourself. That's great. More power to you. But until I am in a better place, I am not fit to be a father. I'm not fit to be anything to anyone. Right now, I need to heal and in order to heal, I need to grieve."

I guess it made sense. In a strange way.

"You're not alone are you?" He asked hopefully.

"No I have Azaleah staying with me."

"That one of your friends? There was always two, wheres the other one?"

I sighed. "She died in the battle."

"Oh...eh...I'm sorry."

"And I have a boyfriend too."

His head snapped up. "You...have a...boyfriend?"

"You sound shocked. Yes I do. He is very well known. Draco Malfoy."

Realisation dawned on him. His face turned red.

"Malfoy? As in Lucius Malfoy? You're dating a Death Eater?" He boomed.

"Actually Draco switched sides. He helped Harry Potter take down Riddle once and for all."

"How?" He demanded.

"He threw him his wand when he needed it most. And Harry used it to kill Riddle."

"But he is evil." Amos pouted.

"Actually he is anything but. He treats me well and he loves me. And I love him."

"What do you know of love? You're a child."

"I am the same age mum was when she had Cedric. 18 years old. I know I love him. He is my best friend and the one person I know I can rely on for anything. I would be lost without him. And I am not a child. I am old enough to own my own house and I been living independently since the summer."

"So you think you are ready for a big commitment like a boyfriend?" He smirked.

"It's not exactly difficult when you are in love. I don't know what the future will hold but I do hope it is with Draco. I plan to have a long and happy life. I will get married and have children and be the best mother I can be."

He rolled his eyes. "I need a drink," he mumbled.

"Well tough shit!" I said through clenched teeth.

His head snapped up to look at me. "Do not use that language!"

I rolled my eyes.

"Well I am glad you are happy. With your Death Eater boyfriend and your house and your mapped out future while I rot away in a home with people watching my every move and treating me like a child." He huffed.