A Letters Request

My dear Realyn,

It feels strange writing to you knowing how much time has passed and yet it feels like no time as well. 

I was delighted to hear from my sister that you and she are good friends. She could use someone like you in her life. I look forward to meeting her boyfriend on Thursday. She tells me you approve so I'm sure he is decent. You have excellent taste in men.

Rae, I wanted to take the opportunity to apologise to you. I should never had made you chose between me and what you knew was the right thing to you. A good boyfriend would have supported you. I wasn't worthy to be with you.

You tried to make me see sense. Tried to make me realise that The Dark Lord was nothing more than a psychopath.

I'm sorry for that night. As soon as you left I wanted to go after you. By the time I got over my pride and did come after you, the attack on the Ministry took place and I wanted to give you time with your father. 

Then the war really started and I realised I lost you. The only important thing in my world and the person I thought I was fighting for. I was an idiot and so wrong. So I left. I walked away from the war...from The Dark Lord and went to France, then Milan, then China, Australia - as many places as I could. 

And I didn't stay anywhere for too long as I was afraid they would find me. 

Then I heard what that Potter kid did and I waited to hear about the trials. I have been in Ireland since October. Just waiting. 

I wanted to come back and find you a million times. I actually did once but I met your father who said you had left. He was pretty messed up. Looked awful. I got Narcissa Malfoy to contact her sister to go and see him.

And now I hear that you have moved on. You have a new guy in your life. Pansy told me all about it. Draco Malfoy. I trained with him a few times after he took his mark. He seems like a great guy. Like me he had reservations about if he was on the right side or not. 

I guess he got out like me.

Pansy says you are in love and that he loves you. As much as it breaks my heart to finally accept that I lost you, that I let you get away, I am happy for you. She told me how well he treats you (granted she could have left out a few details that I didn't need to hear) but you deserve all the happiness in the world and it sounds like you found it.

I hope someday I find it too.

But back to the issue at hand. Pansy told me about your run in with Lucas. She also said she let slip to him about your relationship with me. I'm sorry I didn't tell him but we had sort of grown apart by then and I knew he had a thing for you. I didn't want to hurt his feelings. And I was afraid something like this would happen.

I'm sure he was livid when he heard. Pansy also told me about the crazy things he said to you. Rae I want to warn you. Lucas is not a great guy to be in a relationship with. He was always a good mate and would never do anything to physically hurt anyone. But he sees girls as objects. 

He has a habit...he sees a girl and he begins an obsession with them. He follows them around, flirts and charms them. Then he eventually sleeps with them and leaves them broken hearted. It's like when he finally gets you, suddenly he doesn't want you anymore.

I watched in school as he bedded loads of girls with the promise of loving them. Then he used to send me or Nate or Cedric to tell them he wasn't interested anymore. And he would move onto the next girl.

I know it may sound like I am just telling you this to put you off but I don't want to see you hurt. And he will hurt you. If you don't believe me ask Nate. He will tell you the truth.