Burn

By the time we were heading back to school on Monday morning, we were met in the entryway by Hermione who proceeded to hand each of us a index card.

"Your cards have a aisle and shelf number. This is where you will start looking. Raelyn, Draco, myself and Harry are taking the Restricted section. Blaise, Theo and Pansy are taking the library itself along with Professor McGonagall."

"It's 8.05am. Where did you find the time to do this?" Theo asked yawning.

"I've been up since 6am." She shrugged as if the answer was obvious.

One thing about Hermione was she always looked her best. The rest of us look like we had rolled out of bed. But Hermione had her uniform sitting to perfection and her shoes polished so much you could see your reflection.

Her usual bushy hair was tied up into a bun with a quill through it holding it in place although sections were pulled out to frame her face.

"I've been in the -"

"Library," we all answered at once.

She rolled her eyes. "You sound like Harry and Ron. I do go other places you know besides the library."

"So where you somewhere else?" I asked.

She pressed her lips together to hide her smile. "Well no. I was in the library. Thought I might as we get a head start."

We headed into the hall. Hermione went off to her table and Blaise went to sit with Harry as Pansy and Theo drifted away as well.

Draco took my hand and we made out way over to our table and sat down.

"Coffee?" I asked lifting the pot and pouring.

"Please," Draco politely replied buttering a bagel before handing it to me and a banana. "Eat - you have a vial to take when your finished. I have it here with me." He opened his bag and pulled the vial out setting it in between us.

"Drackie," a voice squeaked from across the hall.

"Aw balls!" Draco cursed looking up. Sure enough Sophie was making her way across to us. She stopped at our table and turned her back to me, leaning over in order to show off her cleavage through her barely buttoned shirt.

"I was wondering where you were. I didn't see you all weekend."

"I was at home," he explained but didn't take his eyes off me.

"Oh well that explains it. I wanted to have a chat with you. I was hoping we could have breakfast together. I mean you shouldn't eat alone."

She reached out to touch his face but he moved away. "Piss off Sophie. You know I am sitting here with Raelyn. My girlfriend."

She stiffened but continued to ignore me. "Well I wanted you to try one of these." She produced a box and opened the lid. Inside was chocolates.

"Handmade in France. My parents just came back from a business trip. They are divine you have to try one I insist."

"No." He said bluntly.

"I'm not leaving here until you try."

"Fine. Give me tha damn thing." He snapped one out of her hand and was about to pop it in his mouth when he stopped. "You know I'm very picky about my chocolate."

He turned to Goyle who was sitting behind us with one of the Pavarti twins. "Goyle, eat this."

Sophie made to take it back but Goyle was already chewing.

For a few seconds nothing happened. I was beginning to wonder what the hell was going on, when Goyle sprang to his feet and lunged for Sophie.

"Sophie, my darling. My light, my sparkle. I cannot be without you for a moment longer. I must have you on my arm." Goyle threw himself at her feet kissing them as Sophie backed up.