Like Old Times

As we sat down by the fountain I wrapped my arm around Raelyn and pulled her closer to me. I found myself these past few weeks craving her. Just to be close to her was enough. She brought a sense of calm to me. Tranquility. 

"So what exactly are we doing?" I asked.

"Well when Theo used to hang out with us...when you guys were off in Hogsmeade or at Quidditch practise, we would often sit down by the lake. It started off just doing our homework or revising for tests. But we found a great little spot by the water's edge. At that tree you met me at that first morning of term."

"Oh yeah. That is a nice little spot."

"Well I had taken to spending my time there either painting or reading and so it kind of became a thing."

"Ah now I see."

"Do you mind spending your afternoon with us reading? I mean if you didn't want to then you could sneak off now and I will tell Theo something came up."

Was she serious? Most girls I slept with became these clingy, whiny babies the next day. Demanding my time and attention. I usually had to make up excuses to get away from them. That was why I came up with the rule that I don't sleep next to girls. So they don't run away with thoughts that I am their boyfriend.

But I actually wanted Raelyn to think like that. I wanted her to want me around all the time. Maybe not to become clingy...well I don't think so. 

What was happening to me?

"Wherever you are is where I want to be. Unless you want to be alone with Theo?"

"Wherever you are is where I want to be," she smiled as she kissed my cheek and I smiled as my whole face grew warm.

"Have I told you how amazing you are?" I asked her.

She tilted her head to the side in the most adorable way. "Why do you say that?"

WHAT? Did she honestly not know?

"Well think about it - you started off this year saying you had no friends and we are what a month and a half in and my friends adore you. Harry Potter smiles everytime he sees you. Granger has nothing but nice things to say about you. Luna too. You have captured everyone's heart in such a short space of time. Especially me."

"Really?" her face lit up. It was a beautiful site. 

"Look at me. I was the badass of this school. I slept with women but never talked to them again. I was a dick to everyone and kept myself to myself mostly. And now? I am calling Granger - Hermione. I am jumping off a staircase with Potter - without trying to kill him. I am apologising to people and I am spending more time with my friends than I ever have before. Plus there is no other girl. No one even comes close."

"Aw Draco. That is sweet. But that is not down to me. That is down to you. You had this amazing guy inside you all along and now with the pressure lifted, you finally get the chance to be yourself."

"You brought it out of me."

"I really didn't. This was all you."

"Well I think you helped. So thank you."

"You are welcome." she leaned in and I kissed her. A sweet, delicate kiss. 

"Am I interrupting something?" Theo asked coming back with his arms full.

"Yes," I answered honestly. "But I forgive you this time." I took a few of the items off him to lighten his load but left one hand free to take Raelyn's.

She however was having none of it and took the blanket off Theo and the bottle off me so that we all had an equal share. Then we started off across the lawn towards the lake.