Reunion

The days in between Boxing Day and New Years Eve were honestly a bit of a blur. Theo arrived back, the day after Boxing Day with the embarrassing story that his jumper exploded during his dinner with his grandmother and grandfather and his extended family. Sex toys and tiny bottles of alcohol along with hand cuffs and condoms burst out and onto the table just as the main course was being served. 

My eye was feeling better and the bruising was faded now that it was covered by makeup easily and I had taken to spending my time in the lab to give Theo and Azaleah some... private time...and to get away from the noise as a few times they forgot the silencing spell.

Plus the headaches were back and I found concentrating on potions helped take my mind off it.

We had Professor McGonagall stay with, us who started working with Azaleah on her Transfiguration work and we had a Mr Kinnel twice as he was heading on holiday and swapped shifts with Mrs Weasley. Mrs Hobkirk came by again as well as Andromeda. 

Today was Fleur Weasley who I was busy making a potion for to combat her morning sickness as she was pregnant and feeling pretty rough.

"How are you doing vis?" she said in her French accent which I noticed was not a thick as it used to be. 

"I love Potions class in school. I love experimenting and I found this works wonders on stomach bugs so it should do the same on morning sickness. It's all natural ingredients too so it's safe for you and baby."

I spooned a vial out for her to drink. "Ch-hears," she raised her vial to me and then downed the contents.

I loved this part - you could see the potion take effect immediately. The grey colour disappeared from her face and the rose tint reappeared. When she was feeling ill she was hunched over the desk in the lab but she began to straighten up before the contents hit the back of her throat. 

She looked like a new woman.

"It is zee miracle! I feelz great!"

"Now the effects will only last a few hours so I have enough potion here to make a few months worth. Hopefully by then you will be passed the sickness stage and feeling better.

The two of us ladelled and labelled bottles from the large cauldron as the door to my lap opened with a knock.

"I wondered where you two had got to," Bill Weasley said as he stepped into the lab. "Love you are looking much better."

"Zat is because of zhis angel here. She made me a potion of her own recipe and zit zis amazing!" She beamed as she stood to greet her husband.

"You made the potion?" He asked looking impressed. 

"Yeah it's my own invention. It's perfectly safe and has been tested. All natural ingredients as well and packed with vitamins and minerals. Everything a blossoming momma needs. I made her enough to last her until the middle of her second trimester. It's all here."

I pointed to the two large crates. 

"How can I thank you Raelyn? She has been so ill. It has been horrible to witness. She looks just like her beautiful self again," he smiled as he kissed his wife. 

"I am happy to help." I smiled.

"Well I did bring you something," Bill smirked as he stepped out of the way. 

And there he was. Draco Malfoy standing in the doorway. 

"Hello love," he smiled.

I ran to him and jumped into his arms and he chucked into my neck. "I missed you too," he smiled.