You Heard Me

DRACO POV

How could she be so innocent? I was pushing her away because I wanted her to be safe and she assumed it was because I didn't want to waste time with her?

That I could actually find someone better than her. No one better exists.

She is the one.

And she was letting me go. My heart had burst into a million pieces when she said those words. Like my whole world was falling out of existence. Like I was losing myself and I couldn't breathe. Suddenly I wanted to hold on tight and never let her go. 

What the fuck am I doing?

And yet...wasn't this what I had intended? Wasn't I up here to tell her that I was setting her free? I had it all planned out. I would tell her I loved her but I was no good for her. She would cry, I would cry and then I would say I was sorry and I would walk away. Out of her life and leave her in peace. 

What is wrong with me?

That is not what I want at all. Merlin's beard I wanted to marry this girl! Why would I be letting her go? I was about to make the biggest mistake of my life. 

And once again Raelyn Diggory was saving me. And I was never letting her go.

__________________________________________

RAELYN POV

As much as I was enjoying the kiss (and believe me I was) I was so confused. I wasn't aware that many breakups had kissing? Maybe I had been doing it wrong. 

When we finally came up for air, Draco leant his head on mine. He hadn't opened his eyes yet.

"Marry me Raelyn." 

What the sweet holy wand dust did he just say?

"Come again?"

"You heard me. Marry me."

I looked up to meet his eyes. He had a determined expression on his face but his eyes were lit up like a Christmas tree.

"You're serious?"

"A million percent."

"I thought you were dumping her?" Came a voice from the doorway.

Theo, Blaise, Pansy, Hermione, Harry, Ron and Ginny were all peering around the door. 

"Nope. I am head over heels for this girl. I worship the ground she walks on and I want to spend the rest of our lives - however long that is - showing her that I love her for all that she is and more." He didn't take his eyes off me as he spoke. 

"So what do you say?" He got down on one knee and everyone (myself included) gasped. He put his hand in his pocket and pulled out a ring.

"He just happened to have that on him?" Pansy whined.

Draco sighed. "I've had it since Christmas. My mother told me to keep it on me. She was right. Now will you stop interrupting so she can answer?"

Oh shit it's my turn to talk.

He turned to look up at me. "Well? It's only the rest of your life?"

I love this boy more than I can say. He is my everything and I already know I want to spend my life with him. So why wait?

"Yes." I whispered so only he could hear.

His whole face lit up as he stood up and kissed me.

"What did she say?" Theo shouted but we ignored him.