Getting Organised

Bill held up a very large book, covered in grey scales. It looked unbelievably heavy and I could see him struggling with it's weight.

"We have been looking for most of the night and Lucius was correct. The curse does seem to be in here along with the counter curse."

There was a round of applause and Draco pulled me onto his lap and squeezed me.

"This is fantastic news," Nate smiled and Bill continued. "The only issue is that the counter curse, as we thought it would be, is very complex. We have a few professionals here today who we have asked to take a look at the potion."

Three men stood up and two women and joined Nate and Bill in front of us. I only recognised one of them.

"Now most of you may know but first we have Professor Slughorn, the current Hogwarts Potions Professor. Next we have Madame Belemount, Potions Professor at Beaxbatons. Then there is Mr Iro Vittiro who works within the Ministry as Head of our curse breaker department. Also we are lucky to have Arnas Tavon who is a famous Alchemist. Finally we have Miss Zygmuno Budge III world famous Potioner and great-grand daughter of Zygmunt Budge author of The Book Of Potions."

There was a swift round of applause as the five new recruits gave nervous waves.

"Right," Bill said flicking his wand. In large letters on the wall appeared the potion ingredients and instructions.

I pride myself in being good at Potions. It has always been a passion of mine. So much so that I always wonder if maybe I should consider a career in Potion making. But this particular potion - it seemed so complicated that most would deem it impossible.

"Holy Moley!" Hermione exclaimed somewhere to my right.

"I have not even heard of half of these ingredients." Laila exclaimed seated between Wren and Fleur.

Professor Slughorn was scratching his head as he read the wall. Madame Belemount was busy scribbling down notes. The other's looked either worried or very confused. 

For a long time no one spoke. No one knew quite what to say. There were just under 30 people seated in the large room and it was pretty clear that no one knew what to think. 

Finally it was Ms Budge who spoke. "Well this is a tricky one to say the least. But it is not impossible."

Beside me Draco let out a breath he had clearly been holding in.

"A lot of these ingredients will be hard to get - even on the black market. I mean the Acromantula Venom has to be fresh. Less than 24 hours old. I do not know of any nests close by."

"We do!" Harry's hand shot up.

"I was afraid you were doing to say that." Ron moaned. 

Harry ignored him. "Hagrid, who works at Hogwarts - he had a pet Acrmantula that he kept in the Forbidden Forest. He died a few years back but his children still live there."

"That seems - safe." Ms Budge said but she sounded more impressed than anything. "Well there is also Angels Trumpet and Death Cap -"

"A what?" Theo asked. 

"It's a dangerous mushroom," Hermione explained. 

"Exactly and Moondew. That is an endangered ingredient which is now classified as Illegal to sell."

"This is a very extensive ingredients list," Professor Slughorn explained. "There are over 100 ingredients and the Potion itself takes exactly 74 hours to make. 74 hours on continuous stirring. We will have to work in shifts."

Mr Vittiro turned to Kingsley. "Can we lift the law on Moondew to brew this?"

"I shall allow it Iro of course. I will help you obtain it. We will need to speak to a Magizoologist to obtain it."