Hospital Wing

It took a few minutes to catch up with him. For one he had a head start and two he had longer legs than me.

"Ron!" I shouted darting through students. He didn't stop. "Ron wait!....Ron please!"

He stopped suddenly so fast that I ran straight into the back on him. 

"Sorry I -"

"What do you want Diggory?" He barked turning to face me. His eyes bore into mine as if as if he was looking right through me.

"To apologise." I answered though it didn't sound half as confident as I wanted it to.

"Save it for someone who cares," he muttered as he turned and plonked himself on the window ledge opposite us. 

I could feel the rage burning inside of me as I approached him. I put my hands on my hips. "What did I ever do to you?" I glared at him. 

He looked up, his face full of annoyance but when he saw my face, it suddenly changed to panic. "What are you on about?"

I sat down next to him on the sill and turned to face him. "What did I do to you to make you hate me so much? Whatever it is I am sorry."

He scoffed. "I am sure you are."

"I really am. Ron I actually really admire you. You knew what you were doing when you set off last year with Harry. You knew you weren't as smart as Hermione or as skilled as Harry and yet you did it anyway. You did it for your friends. That shows real bravery."

"Come off it. I don't need you to tell me how good I am."

"Don't you? Something is clearly wrong between us and considering you never knew I existed before a few months ago, I find it hard to believe that it was something that I did before this year. So what did I do?"

"Piss off!" He shouted. "Everyone else might buy this whole innocent act you have going on but not me. I know you are up to something, why else would you want Harry to visit your house. What could he possibly be doing?"

"He is researching something for me. We are working together."

"On what?"

I looked down at my feet. Do I tell him? I suppose he deserved to know considering it was his sister and girlfriend who were helping me.

I opened my mouth when he cut me off. 

"Can't think of a good enough lie? I should have known better."

A sudden pain shot through my system as I let out a gasp. Ron was going off in a rant but I could not hear him anymore. I stood up to move to try and get his attention. He was still shouting with his back to me now. 

I was still gasping. It felt like someone was squeezing my heart. Like they had cut off my air supply and the last few breaths I had left were being sucked out of me.

By now the corridor was beginning to fill up from with end with students. I stepped forward again, this time managing to grasp Ron by the arm. 

"Get off me, bitch," Ron bellowed and turned to me. "Why don't you just drop dead?" 

And I did. Not the dead part obviously but I lost consciousness.

____________________________

DRACO POV

"Shall we go and make sure she hasn't killed him?" Theo offered after a few minutes. 

There was a mumble of 'yes' and Hermione and I had already headed off up the stairs. Not that we really knew where we were going.