Knowing You Better

As it grew dark outside, the broom cupboard grew much colder.

"There has to be something here we can use."

"For what?" Draco asked looking at me and tilting his head.

"For heat, oh here!" I pulled a metal mop bucket out of the corner with my foot. "Ok now I need some cloths. These ones are dirty so I never used them. They will do," I smiled at him as I threw them into the bucket.

"What are you up to?"

"I am making a fire." I cast 'Incendio' on the cloths who burst into flames before casting 'Tempus Tardus'. This caused the flames on the cloths to slow down so they were moving slower than a sloth.

The heat the flames in the bucket gave off warmed us instantly.

"You are bloody brilliant Raelyn."

"Actually are you hungry? It's not much but I think I have snacks in my bag." I opened the straps on my bag and dug my hand inside. I pulled out an apple, a bag of marshmallows, pretzels and a bottle of fizzy juice.

"And I think I can stretch these." He flicked his wand and conjured two goblets. He filled the goblets with the fizzy juice and performed a duplication spell making the bottle refill itself with juice.

"Clever!"

"Yeah I can do the same with the food too." Again using the same spell he split the apple into two apples and then another two. He duplicated the marshmallow as well so there were about 3 bags of them as well as the pretzels.

"A feast!" I giggled as I broke up a few pretzels and a chunk of an apple and set it in front of my bag for Bleu.

We ate in silence for a while. Having missed lunch, like an idiot, I was bloody starving. I used the end of one of my paint brushes and stuck it into a marshmallow and held it over the fame watching as it burnt slightly.

"What the hell are you up to now?"

"I am toasting them. Have you never done this before?"

"I'm still not sure what you are doing."

"Here," I took out another brush and pierced the end of the marshmallow and handed it to him. "Now hold it over the flame. Only for about 20 seconds or it will be cremated."

I held his hand and helped him hold the marshmallow over the flame. I helped him remove the marshmallow and giggled as he apprehensively held it to his lips and nibbled on it. I could see his brain register the taste as his eyes grew wide.

"This is class!" he shoved the rest into his mouth and took another.

"I know. Cedric and I used to eat these all the time with my mother."

"I can see why. I will definitely be having these again."

After eating we snuggled back under the blankets again and watched Bleu explore. The only real light source was from the flame but for now it was enough as the sun was only beginning to set in the sky. The lighting would be romantic. Well if we weren't stuck in bloody closet.

We began asking quick fire questions to try to get to know each other better.

"Favourite food," Draco asked.

"Ooh that is a hard one. But when I am feeling blue, a homemade crusty bread and real butter are always a good choice. You?"

"That sounds good. I think my favourite food though would have to be seafood chowder."

Oh yum! I would love some of that now.

"With crusty bread and butter....oh Merlin that would be awesome."