Are They Always Like This?

When the boys were gone, Nicola focused back on me. "Alright darlin, time for vials and obs check."

I followed her off into the house. To be honest I was glad to get away from the gang and have some quiet. My head was pounding so much it was making me nauseous.

Usually she took me into the study, but this time she headed off downstairs and into my lab.

"Hmmm, you look pale," she commented and handed me the first vial and conjured a bed for me to lie in.

The vial contents were yellow and lumpy looking. Not exactly appetising. But I did as I was told and downed the entire vial as quick as I could.

"Aces! OK, now, I'm going to give you a quick scan," she smiled as she lifted her wand to my head and began to move it slowly down my body swaying it left and right, slowly as she did.

Her quick notes quill lifted itself into the air as did her clipboard and parchment and began to scribble furiously.

"Only 47 BPM. I don't like that figure sugar. How are you feeling?"

"Honestly, a little queasy and dizzy."

"Yeah I would say you are. Did you do anything particularly strenuous today?"

"Nope. Get up, ate, showered, headed to The Ministry and then back here."

"So nothing out of the ordinary?"

"No ma'am."

"Ok well, there are a few things flagged up besides your heart rate."

"There are?"

"Yes:
1) your autoimmune system isn't working too well.
2) the fluid around your heart is back and an issue
3) there is a lot of pressure being put on your right side.
4) you have a quite a lot of bruises on your face and body."

"Bruises?" I asked conjuring a mirror to look at my face. I was wearing makeup but it didn't look like there was bruising anywhere.

"Look here doll," she said running her finger lightly under my jaw and neck. "And on your back," she said tilting ne on my side and running a finger along my spine.

"In fact sugar, you have odd brushes everywhere. And you've lost weight as well."

"I have?" That didn't sound good.

Nicola began flicking her wand and it made a snapping sound each time. Then from the tip of her wand, silver sparks were emitted. Then she held her hand out and potraits appeared.

She held them up to me to see and I gasped. My back was covered in small bruises. My arms too.

I could feel my lip wobble.

"Hey sugar, it's ok. We are going to get to the bottom of this."

But for whatever reason, I couldn't control my breathing. It was getting out of hand. And tears streamed down my face.

"Doll, here," she held a mask up to my face. Another oxygen mask. But I couldn't even hold onto the face covering. My hands were shaking. "How can I help?" She asked.

"Draco," I sobbed. "Dr...Dra...Draco!" I shouted.

I blinked back tears and when I wiped my eyes, Draco was standing in front of me.

"Wow!" He exclaimed, shocked by his own arrival. "What just happened?"

Nicola looked frozen. "You tell me!"

Draco was smirking but when he looked towards me, he jumped forward, putting my face in his hands. "Hey love, it's ok. It's ok. Breathe Raelyn. Just breathe."