First Year

Given what had occurred during the day you would think that I would be exhausted but when I finally snuggled down into bed, I couldn't get my mind to switch off.

My legs and arms were sore, like I'd been to the gym the day before. And my breathing had started to become raspy and hallow. I sounded like Darth Vadar from that movie Cedric liked.

That and I kept thinking about poor Lucas. Prick that he was.

"What's wrong Rae?" Draco asked turning to face me in bed.

"It's just, I feel guilty. Lucas has lost his memories. He has forgotten all about Isabella, His own daughter. I stole that from him and it's not sitting right with me."

"Well I cannot lie - it is hard for me to feel sorry for him considering he almost took the most precious thing in the world to me. My memories of my time with you. They mean so much to me. We have been through so much and it scared me that I would forget how I felt about you. Or how you make me feel."

I smiled up at him.

"He wasn't much of a father, from what I can gather. I think Wren and Nicola have showed that little girl more love in the past few hours than she has seen in her short life. If you ask me, you did her a great service. You spared her an unhappy childhood and gave her the chance to have an amazing one."

"You think so?"

"I know so. Wren will look after her. And Lucas cannot hurt anymore women. Can't ruin any more lives. He was not a nice man. Many be now he can rebuild his life. Start over and become someone who is worthy of knowing love."

"I suppose. I just feel that I have distrupted everyone's lives lately. I mean, downstairs right now - there are at least 5 people working all night to make me a potion."

"Everyone down there happily volunteered. No one is there against their will. And if it makes you feel better I will make sure everyone is compensated for the time and effort they have put into what they are doing."

"No you will not. That is your money to do with what you want. It's not for me."

"You are my fiancé. Soon to be wife. What's mine is yours and vice versa."

I rolled my eyes.

"I am nervous about this potion. What if it doesn't work? Draco I don't want you to get your hopes up. I couldn't bare to disappoint you."

"Hey," Draco said lifting my chin and caressing my cheek. "You could never disappoint me. I love you too much. And we won't give up hope. If this is not the answer then we will simply try again. And again and again for however long it takes."

"I don't want you to put your life on hold for me."

"My life is nothing without you. Now shut up and let me kiss you."

Who am I to argue with him.

So I leaned in to him. At first his kiss was delicate. He peppered kisses all over my face and neck. Then he brought his lips back to my mouth and the kiss turned more passionate. I lifted my leg up to drape around him and he grabbed my thigh.

I wasn't exactly sure how long our little make-out session lasted but it defintely wasn't as long as I intended and all too soon. Draco pulled away from me.

"We better stop before I can't stop," he chuckled and pulled me in to lie on his chest.

I huffed. "What is wrong with that?" I pouted.

"Well...I mean...don't get me wrong I want to." I took my hand and placed it around him so I could feel exactly how much he wanted to. "But you are weak and that would take a lot out of you and I don't want to hurt you and -"