New Term

The following morning I woke up with a severe headache and a tightness in my chest.

As promised I told Draco straight away although I did down play it slightly. Just so he wouldn't worry.

He still worried though. I could tell by his face and the way his beautiful grey eyes followed me as I moved.

After breakfast and saying goodbye to Azaleaha and Narcissa, we arrived into Professor McGonagalls office.

She was sitting behind her desk with a copy of The Daily Prophet in her hands. She looked...tired. Her glasses sat on the edge of her nose and she didn't even look up as she spoke.

"Good morning everyone. I trust you all slept well and are ready for a day of learning?"

"Yes ma'am," Draco and Blaise answered as the rest of us smiled.

"I have set up the fireplace in my old office for you. It is linked to your home fireplace Raelyn. You can come and go as you please. I have already told Hermione and Harry about this for them to use for studying and meetings. I should let you know my password is 'feline'."

"Thank you professor," I smiled.

"Raelyn, I wonder if I might have a word?"

"Oh course." I turned to the others. "I will see you all at lunch?"

"I will be waiting outside," Draco answered as everyone else waved goodbye and headed to lesson.

"Mr Malfoy you may stay is you wish. I have no doubt Raelyn will fill you in anyway." She smirked.

"Thank you professor," he answered and closed the door.

I turned to face the Headmistress. Her hair which was usually scraped back into a tight bun with no fly away hairs, was now in a pontail and she had hairs pulled down at the front to give her face frame.

She wore her usualy dark green velvet robe with a vintage brooch. She looked like she hadn't slept in a few days but then again she, she was the headmitsress of one of the largest wizarding schools in Europe. I'm sure it came with its fair share of stress. And I didn't help.

"Please," she smiled gesturing to the chairs in front of the desk.

I smiled at her, sitting down with Draco sitting next to me.

"Now, Raelyn. I just wanted to see how you are?"

Do I answer honestly or do I tell her I'm fine?

"You answer me honestly," she said giving me a stern look.

"Sorry?" ..

Draco chuckled.

"I can tell you are wondering if you should lie or tell me the truth. I would appreciate the truth Raelyn."

I bit my lip. "I have bit of  headache."

"And your chest?"

"How did you-" I interrupted.

She gave me a smirk and motioned to my chest. Sure enough I was clutching my chest.

"It's ok...a little tight but nothing too bad."

She nodded in understanding.

"Now with your permission, I am going to fill Poppy in on your condition. As the school matron she is in charge of pain relief and illness."

I nodded. "Makes sense, I guess."

"I also think it would be beneficial to tell the teachers. Your teachers I mean. They -"