Blackmail

By that evening they were ready to start creating the potion. I had managed to convince them to conjure me a bed in the corner of the lab so I could watch them work. 

After all Potions was a real passion of mine. And no one seemed to mind. Professor Slughorn was delighted as it allowed him to boast about his top students while they were in the room. 

"Miss Granger is always on hand to offer the correct answer to any question no matter how difficult and Miss Diggory has a real knack for adding her own little personal touches to potions. She would make an excellent Potioneer someday." he bragged. 

Madame Bellmont actually seemed jealous and deemed her final year students were good but none showed any real talent. "Zer is not von I vould say has vot I call 'zhe gift' which is a disappointment."

"Yes I have not had a student for a while. So I was delighted to get these two girls. And Mr Malfoy of course. Also very gifted.

Draco had not yet come back from wherever he disappeared to. I knew better than to question him, he knew what he was doing and I trusted him completely. 

But when he did come back, he came with a guest. The last person I expected to see. Lucas. 

"What is he doing here?" Pansy snapped. 

"It's a long story but basically he followed me to see what I was up to. Then he stole the ingredient I needed and would only give it back if I brought him to see you. I had no patience to argue with the bastard so here he is."

Lucas looked very smug so Draco added. "And he has got 5 minutes."

"I want to speak to Rae alone." He declared. 

"Piss off!" Pansy warned. "I heard what happened last time. You are NOT allowed to be alone with her."

"That is my condition." Lucas huffed. 

Pansy went to argue further and Draco was reaching for his wand. I was fed up. 

"Lucas we can talk in the room next door. But you have 5 minutes and if you come anywhere near me, I will jinx your ass!"

"I will not do anything you don't want me to." He promised. 

I stood up and headed out of the lab and into the next room. This was just a store room but Narcissa had conjured a bed into either corner for anyone who needed a break over the next few days. 

Lucas closed the door and moved to sit on the bed. I sat on the other one and he smirked. 

"You are a hard girl to get near. I have had Nate and Wren both yap on at me about leaving you alone. "

"Pity you didn't listen."

He smirked. "What is going on anyway? Why are there so many people here and why do you look so ill."

"Because I am you idiot! Not that it is any of your business."

"What do you mean you are?" 

"I was hit with a curse during the battle. It has been slowly attacking me ever since."

"Is that why you are with Draco? I knew there was something wrong with you to date him."

"I am not listening to this." I said standing up but Lucas mirrored my actions and pushed me back down. 

"Listen to me please. What if he is the one who cursed you? He was a Death Eater after all and -"

"It was Teeny you ass!"

"Teeny? Meek little Teeny who wouldn't say boo to you? Bullshit!"

"It's the truth. I don't care what you believe."