An Unexpected Meet Up

"If I had you on my arm I would never have let you go."

He said it low enough that he thought I couldn't hear.

It wasn't low enough.

You could not wipe the smile off my face for the rest of the week.

Our daily lives became very routine. Get up, have breakfast together, class, lunch, class then buddy sessions together and dinner together before I retreated to my dorm for the evening.

It was Saturday morning. The first weekend of term.
7th years (being legal adults) were allowed to visit Hogsmeade when they please so long as you were back by curfew.

I had planned to take myself off this weekend to the village to get a few art supplies and maybe visit some shops.

While I had my cottage, I still wanted to find some homeware pieces to add finishing touches to it. This weekend seemed to be as good a time as any.

I had my money, bag and wand packed as I headed out of the common room and down to The Great Hall.

"What's got you in such a good mood?" Pansy asked as I sat at my table.

"Just looking forward to heading into the village. I have some supplies I want to get."

"Ugh I would love to be heading in. I have detention this morning with Filch."

"What did you do?"

"Told him I would buy him shampoo...and flea powder for Mrs Norris."

"Pansy!"

"What? His hair is so greasy it makes me want to vomit!"

"It was bloody brilliant!" Ginny beamed.

"You were there?

"We we're heading to class. I asked where they were registered for their wedding and told them the pet menagerie was a great option."

"We may have also spiked his flask with wartsall potion. Actually improved his features if you ask me," Pansy chuckled.

"So we both have detention now," Ginny groaned.

They burst out laughing before standing to leave to meet Filch.

When I turned around to my table Draco was just falling into his seat.

"Good morning!" I smiled.

"Is it?" He sulked.

"Is it not?" I was feeling like I had done something wrong.

"I don't know. It just seems very sombre of a morning."

"Oh?" Alright then.

"Well I think it is. What are your plans for today?"

"I am heading to the Village. You?"

"I am...well I mean I have to..."

"Ready to go babe?" Sophie asked flicking her hair back.

Oh great! The she devil is here!

"I guess so." He stood up as she grabbed his arm. "I will see you later Raelyn."

"Sure. See you." I squeaked and watched as they walked away.

So much for my good mood.

I ate quickly and headed out of the hall. Half of our year must have had the same thought as me as there were plenty of us heading into the village. Including Draco and Sophie.

I made a beeline for the front of the queue to get out. No way was I walking behind them the whole way into the village.

I may have even been the first one out of the gates when they opened. It was a beautiful fall day so I actually didn't mind the brisk walk.