Love and War

RAELYN POV

"You're fucking what?" Lucas bellowed at me.

"My boyfriend. I believe you have already met him the last time we were here on a date but since then we have made our relationship official."

His face turned an unflattering shade of purple. Like a red onion.

"You are not dating him!"

"Excuse you?" The words came from all four of us standing in front of Lucas.

"You are not dating him. I am sorry pal but she can't date you -"

I clenched my jaw shut tightly. By Merlin I was fed with this boy.

"Why the hell not?" I shouted.

"I said so. He is not a good match for you. I am a good match for you."

"Is he soft in the head?" Blaise asked.

"He's been talking like this since we met him in the bookstore." Pansy explained. "We left to get rid of him but he just followed."

"Do you make it a habit of stalking young girls?" Draco asked. "Or is it just my girlfriend?"

"She is NOT your girlfriend."

"I am! And you have no say in the matter."

"Yes I do. I have been bloody waiting to date you. I have stayed away from relationships just for you."

"Don't you have a kid?" Pansy asked. "Doesn't sound like you stayed away for too long." She smirked.

He ignored her. "You're mine. We are meant to be together."

"No we are not. But we - as in my boyfriend and my friends are leaving."

Draco and I turned to leave with Blaise and Pansy in front of us.

I had taken two steps when I felt a hand grab my waist.

I was pulled back by Lucas who then held up his wand and a shield enveloped the two of us.

Draco raged against the shield, not even causing it to wobble.

I could hear Draco curse on the outside of the shield but it was muffled. Like trying to hear under water.

"Now let's talk about this without that twat!" Lucas said through clenched teeth.

Draco, Blaise and Pansy continued to bang on the shield.

By now we hand drawn a crowd.

"Raelyn I have loved you since you were in 4th year. I didn't make a move because of Cedric but when he died I thought we would finally get a chance.

I left school and got job as I wanted to something of myself first. Then the war happend and I wanted to leave it until after. The war was no time to start a relationship.

But then I heard you were headed back to Hogwarts and I knew I would see you in Hogsmeade so I made sure to bump into you.

I know I had a baby in between but I always loved you. You would make an amazing mum. I couldn't think of anyone better to help me raise Isabella.

You have to dump this blonde bloke and be with me. I will not take no for an answer. We deserve each other."

I looked at him in utter horror. Was he bloody serious?

The look on his face told me he was. And that was scary.

"Oh Lucas..." I smiled and stepped closer to him. He grinned. "You do deserve something." I grabbed his face in my hands.