Conversing with Snakes

When the train pulls into the station I finally lift my head from my book.

Pansy smiles at me. "Another year here," she groans.

"Yeah I am not looking forward to it either," you shrug.

"Who said she was talking to you?" Draco asks scowling.

"Fuck sake Draco!" Pansy shouts.

"What?"

"Sorry Raelyn."

"It's not your fault Pansy," I smile. "You can't help it if your friend is a complete dickhead!"

Pansy and Blaise burst out laughing.

"What did you call me?" He says stepping closer to me with his wand in his hand.

"And he's deaf too? Poor wee dear. Haven't got much going for you - do you?"

"Fuck you Diggory."

"Something you will never have to worry about Malfoy," I say as I scoop up my bag and head out of the compartment and hop off the train onto the platform.

"Hey Raelyn, wait up!" I turn to see Pansy running to me. "You forgot this," she says handing me my book.

"Mother Forking Shirt Balls!" I gasped and Pansy burst out laughing.

"I like you Raelyn," she says gaspingbfor breath between laughs.

Draco and Blaise walk past us and over to the carriages. Blaise smiles as he does. Draco looks like he is about to say something but thinks the better of it and trudges on.

"I better go before he takes the huff. But you and me are hanging out sometime!" She waves as she rushes off after the boys.

I follow the crowd to the carriages and hop into one. I glance at the one in front to see Pansy and Draco who seem to be arguing.

"Mind if I sit?" I hear behind me. I turn around and  met with a pair of green eyes covered in glasses. And the unmistakable lightening bolt scar on the students forehead.

"Work away", I manage to say quickly.

"Thanks. I forgot my broom on the train and when I came back out my friends were already away. I'm Harry."

"Raelyn."

"Right, Cedric's little sister?"

"One and only."

"I am sorry for what happened to your brother." He says as he looks down at his feet as the carriage begins to move.

"Thank you. But it wasn't your fault so so not worry about it. You brought him back to us so thank you."

"So how have you been? Have a nice summer?"

"Em not particularly. But it could have been much worse though. Thank you for saving everyone," I smile.

"I just wish we didn't lose so many good people."

"But hundreds if not thousands were saved that night. You are a hero."

"Na I am just Harry." He laughs nervously.

"You're humble. It's a great quality - don't lose it." I smile at him.

At that moment, Bleu, my pymgy puff sticks its head out of my pocket.

"Ginny has one of them. I've never seen one with that colouring."

"This is Bleu. Bleu say hello to Harry."

Bleu, takes a leap off my lap. There was no way he could have made the jump and thankfully Harry catches him before ehe plummets to the carriage floor.