Buddy Session

Everyone was delighted with news of the proposal and we headed into June of our final year at Hogwarts full of talks of dates, venues and colour schemes.

Thank Merlin for Hermione who took it upon herself to set up study dates almost every evening for us at our house otherwise we would have been buggered.

When exam week rolled around, I felt prepared. I was nervous as hell but I knew my material and I tried my best on everyone.

Azaleah sat all her exams at home as we sat in the hall of Hogwarts. I actually found myself getting emotional. It was my last exams at Hogwarts. Last ones as a student really.

Graduation was a week and a half away.

On the afternoon of the last exam, I had just set my quill down when Professor McGonagall called time. She enchanted our parchments to move to the front of the Great Hall and to bundle themselves up ready for marking.

I took one last look around the room at the year group. So many faces I knew but there were still a few who were strangers to me.

So many others who I had shared several years with. Years of joy, fun, hard work, learning, excitement, pain, heartbreak, grief, worry, determination and so much more.

I had fought alongside so many during the battle as well.

We had been through a lot.

It was crazy what our year had been through. We were the classmates of Harry Potter. The chosen one. Our years at school where filled more drama than a family therapy session.

Giants snake in school, werewolves and escaped convicts, the Triwizard Tournament, mass breakout of Azkaban, Dumbledore being murdered on school grounds and Tom Riddle in his sick plot to kill half the population.

It had been a crazy seven years.

And now it was all over.

McGonagall then called attention to the hall as she stood up at her podium at the front of the room.

"If I could have your attention please. I want to thank you all for your hard work this week during your exams. And I thought that before we all departed - probably to whatever party Mr Finnegan has organised," She looked to Seamus who blew her a kiss makingbher smirk. "That we could have one last buddy system session. If you could all stand please?"

She snapped her fingers as we stood and our desks and chairs turned to the usual love seats we had become so familiar with.

"This is your last one so enjoy the time with your new friend that you made this year. Share your memories and just enjoy."

I smiled as I turned. Draco and I usually sat in the back corner so I made my way over.

"Doesn't feel that long ago that we were heading to our seats for the first time does it?" Harry said falling into place beside me and smiled.

"It really doesn't. Time has flown and yet so much has happened."

"Yeah. Like a curse, cure and a few engagements."

"Congratulations again by the way," I smiled at him as he approached Blaise who was already seated on their sofa.

"Thank you. You better look out for an invite."

"Of course. Just as you will Draco and mine."

"So Mr Potter, ready to reminisce?" Blaise asked.

"Of course, Mr Zabini," Harry chuckled taking his seat.

"Oi Diggory...get lost?"

I smirked as Harry and Blaise laughed. I turned and headed the few steps over to where Draco was sitting on the little sofa that we shared.